General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Jeffery Epstein has committed suicide apparently. Quite convenient for many people like Prince Andrew.

So while not on suicide watch he unsuccessfully attempted suicide, was placed on suicide watch, then successfully committed suicide.

Insert 'did he, aye?' dog gif.

Reading some US legal eagles say that now he’s dead authorities can go through his estate without a warrant to look for evidence of crimes. All evidence gathered from the warrant at his property is still admissible.

5 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

As he's based in Bath, I assume it will just be a branch office ?

Should be excellent banter though. Unless you're trans of course.

He posted a piece on his blog on the idea.

I think it was the day Salmond got arrested and if I recall correctly, he removed it.

My recollection is that he would be a single issue party standings on the list vote.

Vote SNP on constituency and the Bathist Party on the list.

Hey presto, pro Indy majority.

51 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
4 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Where are you marching to?
Any chance of you coming down Accrington way?

There's a march and rally to mark the bicentennial of the Peterloo massacre this weekend, should be more convenient..

I had heard of the Peterloo Massacre but interesting to read up on it again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterloo_Massacre

History could repeat itself if we crash out the EU without a deal, when the fruits promised to Brexiteers, many of them from this area in the north of England, fail to materialise.

There's been all kinds of sinister mutterings of social unrest and upheaval if Brexit doesn't get delivered. I suspect that any skirmishes arising from such an outcome, would be a picnic, compared to what might result from the sheer chaos which would ensue in the event a No Deal Brexit.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

So Caroline Lucas wants an all women cabinet to try and stop Brexit. Women "are less tribal" apparently. What a load of fucking shite. I can imagine the outcry if a bloke made the same suggestion in reverse. 

Edited by The Chief

Labour finally came up with a cracking idea for a policy - putting a stop to the "Glorious Twelfth". In true Labour style they then proceeded to cock it up by choosing the wrong "Glorious Twelfth".

Edited by The Chief