General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

13 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Christine Jardine of Lib Dems  doing the media rounds :

"People deserve a second chance to vote again, people deserve to say do we really want this and crash out of the EU."

Aye, but "that was settled 5 years ago," on a second Independence referendum.

Really shows up how ludicrous the Lib Dem position is on this.

They're also claiming they're ready to work with anyone in Parliament.

Last week the Queen of the Yellow Tories said she wouldn't work with Labour unless they changed their leader. Strangely enough, we have shown no appetite to kick the old boy out for the chance of joining her court.

I have heard Jeremy is very sad, though, that such a principled political behemoth deems him unworthy.

6 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

They're also claiming they're ready to work with anyone in Parliament.

Last week the Queen of the Yellow Tories said she wouldn't work with Labour unless they changed their leader. Strangely enough, we have shown no appetite to kick the old boy out for the chance of joining her court.

I have heard Jeremy is very sad, though, that such a principled political behemoth deems him unworthy.

If Labour did change their leader there would be no need for joining Jo's or anyone else's court.

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

If Labour did change their leader there would be no need for joining Jo's or anyone else's court.

Correct. Because, if they allowed it, this would be the last time we were allowed to vote.

Given that the accepted MSM view of Corbyn is that he is incompetent, why is he about to watch another Tory PM destroy themselves? What exactly are these fuckers afraid of?

Even with a drop in numbers, we still have four times the membership the Tories do. Are we all fucking stupid for wantin gat least a chance at a fairer society?

Figures vary when you ask what percentage actually benefit from Tory policy, but it's always in single figures. Why, then, would almost forty percent vote for them - do these WC Tories honestly believe they'll be allowed to join the club?

We elected Corbyn because the man is honest, dedicated and completely in tune with the values we hold dear. Values which we used to have before that snake Campbell and his mates rode in. Four years in, and all we hav is completely unfounded accusations on a personal level of terrorist sympathies and Anti-semitism. Further investigation of these accusations not only fails to find compelling evidence of wrongdoing on Corbyn's part, but shines a light on the behaviour of many of his accusers - yes, Hodge, I'm looking at you.

For decades we've heard, "they're all the same. I might vote if there was a choice." Well, there's a fucking choice now, so let's give them a chance. Labour won't fix the country over night, but the Tories could easily break it (and us) before the natural end of this Parliament.

Corbyn is still feared or the MSM would be quite happy for him to remain as leader. The half arsed "poor health" smear failed utterly so we went back to "antisemitism" with a bit of "better polling figures" if he resigned for a belt and braces approach. He might well have a nightmare GE but he is still deeply worrying to the "establishment" .

Correct. Because, if they allowed it, this would be the last time we were allowed to vote.
Given that the accepted MSM view of Corbyn is that he is incompetent, why is he about to watch another Tory PM destroy themselves? What exactly are these fuckers afraid of?
Even with a drop in numbers, we still have four times the membership the Tories do. Are we all fucking stupid for wantin gat least a chance at a fairer society?
Figures vary when you ask what percentage actually benefit from Tory policy, but it's always in single figures. Why, then, would almost forty percent vote for them - do these WC Tories honestly believe they'll be allowed to join the club?
We elected Corbyn because the man is honest, dedicated and completely in tune with the values we hold dear. Values which we used to have before that snake Campbell and his mates rode in. Four years in, and all we hav is completely unfounded accusations on a personal level of terrorist sympathies and Anti-semitism. Further investigation of these accusations not only fails to find compelling evidence of wrongdoing on Corbyn's part, but shines a light on the behaviour of many of his accusers - yes, Hodge, I'm looking at you.
For decades we've heard, "they're all the same. I might vote if there was a choice." Well, there's a fucking choice now, so let's give them a chance. Labour won't fix the country over night, but the Tories could easily break it (and us) before the natural end of this Parliament.

49 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Corbyn is still feared or the MSM would be quite happy for him to remain as leader. The half arsed "poor health" smear failed utterly so we went back to "antisemitism" with a bit of "better polling figures" if he resigned for a belt and braces approach. He might well have a nightmare GE but he is still deeply worrying to the "establishment" .

Absolutely correct. Although one of the popular tshirts you'll see at TU events is A picture of JC in Kitchener pose, captioned, "it's not me they fear, it's you". And rightly so. They should be afraid, because Labour absolutely will have a Ministry for Turning Over Stones and Blowing Dust Off Files when they gain power. The first crew will be those behind Orgreave and the rest of the civil war waged against the NUM. I will die happy if some of these cúnts do time before they die. A lot of shit has been thrown at the working man over the last forty years, and a reckoning is on its way.

This question has already been asked on, I think, Scotland Politics. Surprise surprise, she never answered

So Jo 'funny accent' Swinson was quite happy for the Greens and Plaid to not stand candidates at Breacon by election to allow the remain vote not to split. In the spirit of fair play I'd imagine she won't stand Lib Dem candidates in Scotland (Inc herself) to allow the SNP to hoover up the remain vote at the next general election.
Bollocks she will, cow of a woman.

Council tax freeze.

Is this a good idea or not? In my case the local council are not maintaining the parks and streets to the point that every street is full or weeds and the parks and green spaces are just hacked down rather than looked after. Also the drains and roads aren’t maintained and every time it rains heavily there’s major problems with flooding.

My point is, is freezing council tax a false short term economy? My town has turned into a shithole. Have the SNP made a mistake here? 

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Council tax freeze.

Is this a good idea or not? In my case the local council are not maintaining the parks and streets to the point that every street is full or weeds and the parks and green spaces are just hacked down rather than looked after. Also the drains and roads aren’t maintained and every time it rains heavily there’s major problems with flooding.

My point is, is freezing council tax a false short term economy? My town has turned into a shithole. Have the SNP made a mistake here? 

Eh?  Council tax hasn't been frozen for a couple of years at least.