General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

38 minutes ago, The Chief said:

So Caroline Lucas wants an all women cabinet to try and stop Brexit. Women "are less tribal" apparently. What a load of fucking shite. I can imagine the outcry if a bloke made the same suggestion in reverse. 

It's an all white women cabinet she's after.

4 hours ago, The Chief said:

So Caroline Lucas wants an all women cabinet to try and stop Brexit. Women "are less tribal" apparently. What a load of fucking shite. I can imagine the outcry if a bloke made the same suggestion in reverse. 

This one maybe?

Screenshot_2019-08-12-17-55-40.png

5 hours ago, The Chief said:

That's not what she said at all ffs.

She's bringing together leaders from parties that openly back remaining in the EU. They all just happen to be women.

6 hours ago, The Chief said:

53 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

That's not what she said at all ffs.

She's bringing together leaders from parties that openly back remaining in the EU. They all just happen to be women.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49321430

Have the opposition parties gone into hiding?  I have seen next to nothing from the SNP, Labour and everyone else.

I know the MSM will decide which stories to run with but how hard are the other parties trying.

The only Labour led story I’ve seen is about a review of grouse shooting!  Everything else is reactive.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Have the opposition parties gone into hiding?  I have seen next to nothing from the SNP, Labour and everyone else.

Parliaments in recess and everyone is on holiday. It happens every August. 

12 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

So that’s the reason that Boris Johnson has not been heard from.

No policy announcements every five minutes.

That’s clear now.

5 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Nice to sit on the beach and forget about the clock ticking down on the clusterfuck of brexit. They should have been forced to stay in parliament to sort out this mess. Not as if the couldn't fit a wee break somewhere else in the parliamentary calendar  See recess of 2018 below. 

Christmas 21 December 2017 8 January 2018
February 8 February 2018 20 February 2018
Easter 29 March 2018 16 April 2018
May 3 May 2018 8 May 2018
Whitsun 24 May 2018 4 June 2018
Summer 24 July 2018 4 September 2018
Conference 13 September 2018 9 October 2018
November 6 November 2018 12 November 2018
Christmas 20 December 2018 7 January 2019

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

So that’s the reason that Boris Johnson has not been heard from.

No policy announcements every five minutes.

That’s clear now.

It would to to anyone who pays attention. 

Boris has cancelled staff leave

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/09/no-10-cancels-staff-leave-raising-possibility-of-snap-election

While the Labour front bench are enjoying holidays

MSM have been completely shown up for what they are regards "terrorist sympathisers", after the Tories got in bed with the DUP.

Notice it all went quiet on "terrorist front" after they became bedfellows, and it charged towards "anti semitism"

I cannot believe people hoover up this shite from MSM.

Corbyn is streets ahead of any Tory MP.

Correct. Because, if they allowed it, this would be the last time we were allowed to vote.
Given that the accepted MSM view of Corbyn is that he is incompetent, why is he about to watch another Tory PM destroy themselves? What exactly are these fuckers afraid of?
Even with a drop in numbers, we still have four times the membership the Tories do. Are we all fucking stupid for wantin gat least a chance at a fairer society?
Figures vary when you ask what percentage actually benefit from Tory policy, but it's always in single figures. Why, then, would almost forty percent vote for them - do these WC Tories honestly believe they'll be allowed to join the club?
We elected Corbyn because the man is honest, dedicated and completely in tune with the values we hold dear. Values which we used to have before that snake Campbell and his mates rode in. Four years in, and all we hav is completely unfounded accusations on a personal level of terrorist sympathies and Anti-semitism. Further investigation of these accusations not only fails to find compelling evidence of wrongdoing on Corbyn's part, but shines a light on the behaviour of many of his accusers - yes, Hodge, I'm looking at you.
For decades we've heard, "they're all the same. I might vote if there was a choice." Well, there's a fucking choice now, so let's give them a chance. Labour won't fix the country over night, but the Tories could easily break it (and us) before the natural end of this Parliament.

A few days old, But this is farcical.

DC85EEA0-ACB3-4251-82E4-D0E270A229EC.jpeg.5f8ccfe68d8e8b22288424beb9ec98f9.jpeg

Labour are shambolic, no wonder people question Corbyn’s real end game.

More here.

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-has-surrendered-the-pitch-to-boris-johnson-claim-mps-and-activists_uk_5d52bc6de4b0cfeed1a374d2

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

More here.

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-has-surrendered-the-pitch-to-boris-johnson-claim-mps-and-activists_uk_5d52bc6de4b0cfeed1a374d2

Why would Labour send anyone on - as the saying goes, "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" Corbyn's current "game" is making personal appearances and speaking up and down the country, motivating the membership for the campaign to come.

Angela Rayner was on the BBC this morning to discuss Labour;s education plans. This was a bit complex for the sofabound interviewer, so he decided to ask about the "split over a second independence referendum". Angela answered very patiently, but I am afraid I would have punched the buffoon. It is quite consistent to say that a second IndyRef is not something labour wants, while not opposing the right of Sturgeon to push for one. 

More here.
Not sure that calling Labour shambolic every other post makes them more shambolic.

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Why would Labour send anyone on - as the saying goes, "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" Corbyn's current "game" is making personal appearances and speaking up and down the country, motivating the membership for the campaign to come.

Angela Rayner was on the BBC this morning to discuss Labour;s education plans. This was a bit complex for the sofabound interviewer, so he decided to ask about the "split over a second independence referendum". Angela answered very patiently, but I am afraid I would have punched the buffoon. It is quite consistent to say that a second IndyRef is not something labour wants, while not opposing the right of Sturgeon to push for one. 

1.  The Tories are setting the agenda.

2.  However important things like education (and relatively unimportant grouse shooting) are they are not the issues that people want to discuss at this time IMO.

3.  Labour should be challenging all Johnson’s announcements.  It wouldn’t be too difficult, but they won’t.