General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Is Corbyn the comic turn to fill time before Johnson's clowns get up to speed? Can't wait for his  'umbrellas for everybody' statement when the rain comes. In other news I believe Barnier has called Johnson's bleatings combative, which bodes well for the coming months.

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Contentious in as much as they’re fragmented saltires instead of actual saltires

I reckon you two should probably call this one a draw

Are you the bloke to suggest that the saltires of saints Andrew and Patrick aren't part of Britain's flag?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Are you the bloke to suggest that the saltires of saints Andrew and Patrick aren't part of Britain's flag?

Hi Kinc,

Just wondering if you're happy with the UK's choice of PM. Maybe you've commented elsewhere on this, but if you have, apologies, I must have missed it.

Is BJ the man to unite the divided tory party, the divided country and preserve the Union?

55 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Hi Kinc,

Just wondering if you're happy with the UK's choice of PM. Maybe you've commented elsewhere on this, but if you have, apologies, I must have missed it.

Is BJ the man to unite the divided tory party, the divided country and preserve the Union?

Hi John and hope all is well.  Long time no chat.

I'm a fan neither of Boris (I voted Hunt in the ballot) nor of Brexit but we either have to piss or get off the pot so if Boris is true to the Halloween deadline then I would welcome it.  The shenanigans have gone on far too long and a 'no deal' conclusion would be better than ripping the arse out of it for another year or three.

As for The Union?  Well we know that most Scots are Unionists.  We even had a plebiscite to confirm it.  What Boris really has to deliver is a prosperous and thriving economy as only the Tory party can do.

Dissident movements such as Scottish Nationalism prosper when the economy is weak and/or when the xenophobes are given free rein.  Hopefully Johnson's government will give us a business focus which acts to minimise the impact of Scotland's empty-headed Yesser minority.

Edited by The_Kincardine

21 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm a fan neither of Boris (I voted Hunt in the ballot) nor of Brexit but we either have to piss or get off the pot so if Boris is true to the Halloween deadline then I would welcome it.  The shenanigans have gone on far too long and a 'no deal' conclusion would be better than ripping the arse out of it for another year or three.

As for The Union?  Well we know that most Scots are Unionists.  We even had a plebiscite to confirm it.  What Boris really has to deliver is a prosperous and thriving economy as only the Tory party can do.

Dissident movements such as Scottish Nationalism prosper when the economy is weak and/or when the xenophobes are given free reign.  Hopefully Johnson's government will give us a business focus which acts to minimise the impact of Scotland's empty-headed Yesser minority.

^^^^^

"A dinnae like wits goan on or that, but as a proper staunch Ranjurz man, i'll meekly accept whatever shite Westminster sends oor way. We've goat an empire tae protect. The big hoose must stay open ken?"

49 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

To lose one beloved institution to ridicule may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two looks like carelessness.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dissident movements such as Scottish Nationalism prosper when the economy is weak and/or when the xenophobes are given free rein.  Hopefully Johnson's government will give us a business focus which acts to minimise the impact of Scotland's empty-headed Yesser minority.

Cheers Guv.... I appreciate your opinion, even if I don't agree with any of it!

I've highlighted your last sentence just to take this opportunity to remind you that BJ was once quoted as saying : "f**k Business"

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Cheers Guv.... I appreciate your opinion, even if I don't agree with any of it!

I've highlighted your last sentence just to take this opportunity to remind you that BJ was once quoted as saying : "f**k Business"

We also know that Boris isn't really a committed Brexiteer - plenty of soundbites to show his commitment to the single market.  He is also a disingenuous, self-serving fuckwit - which is why I didn't vote for him in the ballot.

OTOH he riles the Natters on here so he's not all bad.

How anyone in favour of staying in the EU and the UK can continue to support the Tory Party is beyond me. Without the internal squabbles of a dysfunctional mess of a governing party we'd be happily carrying on in the most successful trade deal on the planet, our children and grandchildren could work and study where they liked across a vast continent, without all the red tape that will also consume businesses across the country. And there could have been no greater material change than this almighty f**k up to justify a second referendum on Scottish Independence, which we'll win. 

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I am.

The flag of which you speak is the flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I've no idea if Britain even has an official flag.

I'm sure you of all people will appreciate the pedantry

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

I am.

The flag of which you speak is the flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I've no idea if Britain even has an official flag.

I'm sure you of all people will appreciate the pedantry

Actually t was designed as the flag of Great Britain and Ireland.

It was not redesigned after the Republic of Ireland was formed.

Otherwise you might have this:

Flag-UK 3.jpg

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Oh dear.  I was going to ask if anyone knew what is unique about the flag of Jamaica compared to all other national flags.

Don't think I will bother now.

(Oh - and it is a saltire)

It doesn't contain any staunch colours.