General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Show us your degrees ( and your post-graduate qualifications and peer reviewed work) are literally how we decide who are historians and who aren't.
I am increasingly of the view that your reasonable man fetish is some kind of trolling as nobody could possibly hold these opinions.
Oh do f**k off. The wee clique of posters who wander the forum dismissing alternative views and abusing folk for daring to disagree with them is large enough.

It never fails to surprise me how much being 'reasonable' seems to annoy people on here.

10 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Oh do f**k off. The wee clique of posters who wander the forum dismissing alternative views and abusing folk for daring to disagree with them is large enough.

It never fails to surprise me how much being 'reasonable' seems to annoy people on here.

Get off your fucking cross 😂

Your initial post offering a potential defence of Oliver was attention-seeking contrarian bullshit and well you know it. 

What's happening to Assange just now is extremely depressing. Given that the judge apparently turns up with pre written statements which she reads regardless of the evidence presented it's fair to say that the best he can hope for is getting out of the UK alive. 

It's sad to say he'll have a far fairer trial in the US where at least some of the media will support him. 

18 minutes ago, Detournement said:

What's happening to Assange just now is extremely depressing. Given that the judge apparently turns up with pre written statements which she reads regardless of the evidence presented it's fair to say that the best he can hope for is getting out of the UK alive. 

It's sad to say he'll have a far fairer trial in the US where at least some of the media will support him. 

Amnesty were denied even login rights for remote access. This is fucking weird, I got allowed to listen in on the Hearts and Partick case in the Court of Sessions the other week. The British State hates to look like some banana republic being investigated by Amnesty, no other reason as the Assange family are there so the transcript will have to be accurate and publicly available.

EhY1v3UXYAAtk3Z?format=jpg&name=900x900

Whilst following the hate crime and public order bill this afternoon, I'm struck by how half hearted the tories are.

If, as alleged, their opposition is based upon an instruction from DRoss, I'd like to think that it indicates an ill considrerd direction of travel for them.

22 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
On 02/08/2020 at 14:27, Billy Jean King said:
No suspension for the latest mystery Tory beast, quell surprise !

Francois ??? Did this ever get anywhere. He seems to have gone off grid somewhat suspiciously.

This occurred to me, but then most of the Brexit blowhards have gone to ground recently.

Apart from Bernard Jenkin who was on Newsnight last night making an arse of himself. In summary, the withdrawal deal we told you was great was actually shit, but that's because we were rushed into it. And that's the EU's fault somehow. 

29 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Wild story. SG gives £100million quid to developers to supposedly build affordable and environmentally low impact homes and they make... 700 houses. Virtually no screening of applications for environmental credentials.

https://theferret.scot/scottish-government-housing-fund-100m/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=RSS

Granted, it doesn't look good on first reading, but a lot is founded on the definition of "gives"

9 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Watching Newsnight. Desmond Swayne is an absolute, complete and undoubted OFTW. No doubt he has ulterior motives for not wanting the authorities to have any more access to and any more control of his "freedoms".

Saw that and thought exactly the same!

I know its wrong to judge people based purely on their appearance but...

Edited by Academically Deficient
Spelling

Watching Newsnight. Desmond Swayne is an absolute, complete and undoubted OFTW. No doubt he has ulterior motives for not wanting the authorities to have any more access to and any more control of his "freedoms".

Always thought he looks like he’s just changed out of an SS uniform. Always looks like he’s about to start foaming at the mouth

12 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

He's just very particular about the type of mask.

2_Swayne-main.jpg