General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

25 minutes ago, Pato said:

?

SNP were an ineffective rump for the first half of the parliament's existence. In fact I have gone full circle with Salmond: mocking him as a dafty in the 90s, coming to admire and support him and now back to mocking him again

I went off Salmond big time when he went in to bat for Trump over the Menie Estate fiasco and refused to 'call in' the planning application. This ultimately led to the loss of a unique marine environment, to the detriment of us all.

5 minutes ago, Pato said:

I think it has a window of ~ 20 years, after that it's anybody's guess. The reason I say that is that is about enough time for the pensioner vote in England to naturally waste away, and for pro-reintegration views to become mainstream again, at which point the 'get away from insane England dominated UK' argument becomes very weak.

Good stuff I'll be under 50 by the time the country can actually move forward! Exciting stuff. I reckon it'll be done and dusted in the next decade tbh. 

We've had the pensioner discussion a few times now, I think we're at the point where we'll just had to wait and see. 

I think a consistant pro independence majority is inevitable over the next 10 years due to demographics and the direction of travel the rUK is taking.

Whether that translates into a referendum being held and won is a different story.

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Perpetually inevitable for over 20 years now. Any idea when this inevitable outcome may happen or is it kinda like saying the Sun will eventually die?

Consider a ramping circuit.

And then tell us where you think we are.

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Perpetually inevitable for over 20 years now. Any idea when this inevitable outcome may happen or is it kinda like saying the Sun will eventually die?

Wrong, 18 years ago we had around 25 FPTP MSP's and were only the second largest party with 25,000 members., Independence was on the back burner.

Now we are Loud and Proud the Largest Scottish Political Party with 125,000 members and 45 MP's, 64 MSP's and 400 local Councillors.

Getting there.

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Wrong, 18 years ago we had around 25 FPTP MSP's and were only the second largest party with 25,000 members., Independence was on the back burner.

Now we are Loud and Proud the Largest Scottish Political Party with 125,000 members and 45 MP's, 64 MSP's and 400 local Councillors.

Getting there.

Sandy- you’re obviously itk regarding all matters SNP.

What happened to the ring-fenced fighting fund of £600k which is NOT in the bank in the last SNP accounts?

Has the 125000 membership been verified and, if so, at what date?

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Supporters of Scottish Independence have been vocally saying it's inevitable before the SNP did so well as a political party. I'm sure the likes of Sandy have been saying it since he was old enough to talk. 

Do you believe it's inevitable and if so have you got a rough timescale? 

I don't think that's true at all. When I lived in Scotland nobody was talking about independence being inevitable. The SNP were still a fairly small party.

But since they were so vocal, you must have plenty of examples.

2 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

I don't think that's true at all. When I lived in Scotland nobody was talking about independence being inevitable. The SNP were still a fairly small party.

But since they were so vocal, you must have plenty of examples.

You need me to provide examples of people actively pursuing Indy pre 2001 and that they were optimistic to the point some of them saw it as inevitable? I think I'll pass. You can google away all you want. 

Of course the mainstream Indy supporters that grew with the SNP have only been saying it for what the last decade or so?

Just now, Stormzy said:

You need me to provide examples of people actively pursuing Indy pre 2001 and that they were optimistic to the point some of them saw it as inevitable? I think I'll pass. You can google away all you want. 

Of course the mainstream Indy supporters that grew with the SNP have only been saying it for what the last decade or so?

No examples? Just something you made up in your head then?

And now it's the last decade, and not more than 20 years?

Seriously, you have chronic mythomania.

4 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

No examples? Just something you made up in your head then?

And now it's the last decade, and not more than 20 years?

Seriously, you have chronic mythomania.

I said you can look for yourself you lazy b*****d. Google is free. I don't think it's the sort of claim that demands evidence because only an absolute dullard would try and debate such a simple point. 

Your comprehension levels are frighteningly poor. I said people have been saying it for 20 years and then once you've jumped in to dispute this I've doubled down and said of course pro Indy supporters thought it was inevitable 20 years ago but it is more common over the past decade due to the rise of the SNP. The fact you think this is me changing my opinion is utterly mind boggling to me. You do have previous tbf, your ability to not follow a conversation was admittedly hilarious when you got all annoyed about WW3 😂

Edited by Stormzy

3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I said you can look for yourself you lazy b*****d. Google is free. I don't think it's the sort of claim that demands evidence because only an absolute dullard would try and debate such a simple point. 

Your comprehension levels are frighteningly poor. I said people have been saying it for 20 years and then once you've jumped in to dispute this I've doubled down and said of course pro Indy supporters thought it was inevitable 20 years ago but it is more common over the past decade due to the rise of the SNP. The fact you think this is me changing my opinion is utterly mind boggling to me. You do have previous tbf, your ability to not follow a conversation was admittedly hilarious when you got all annoyed about WW3 😂

Oh god. Not another comprehension post.

Fucking shoot me.

7 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

They don't charge you money. I wouldn't describe the transaction as free, though.

1 minute ago, Andre Drazen said:

If you engage with an admitted troll, you get pretty much what you deserve.

You're a nasty piece of work. Falsely accusing me of homophobia was some "troll" right enough. 

Just now, renton said:

They don't charge you money. I wouldn't describe the transaction as free, though.

😂

You've got me. Here's a man with better reading comprehension than myself folks. Aspire!

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sandy- you’re obviously itk regarding all matters SNP.

What happened to the ring-fenced fighting fund of £600k which is NOT in the bank in the last SNP accounts?

Has the 125000 membership been verified and, if so, at what date?

Dearie me you've already flogged this to death over months just as you and the other unionists have done the same with the currency and pensions etc.

£600,000 is peanuts compared to what Boris and his cohorts have siphoned off to their pals, probably nearer £600 Million with all the Covid and PPE contracts bandied about.

It's getting embarrassing for you lot.

Ok, I'll give you a relatively new one that Andrew Marr kicked off;

THE BORDER !

Knock yourselves out with that one as there's enough mileage in it to keep you all going for a couple of years.