General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

On 13/06/2022 at 10:16, williemillersmoustache said:

Very good news for a number of reasons including but not limited to getting it right up Aaron Banks..

I wouldn’t get carried away.

She did defame him but, according to the judge, not to a high enough extent.

CC is still a rotten journalist as all her ‘Russian’ claims were nonsense.

AB is considering an appeal.

12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Yeah but Dawson Park Tory isn’t in it apparently.

Not a great fan.

Maybe liked some of their early stuff, but lost interest after that difficult second trimester.

7 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

How odd that the Americans spent so much time fighting the Taliban and ISIS yet learned nothing and now have the Christian Taliban in charge of American law. 

“In future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell. Because any substantive due process decision is ‘demonstrably erroneous,’ we have a duty to ‘correct the error’ established in those precedents” ~ Clarence Thomas

Griswold v Conneticut = access to contraception

Lawrence v Texas = gay rights

Obergefell v Hodges = gay marriage

Notable that he left out Loving vs Virginia (interracial marriage). You’d have though he’d have been overjoyed at being able to get shot of his seditionist boot of a wife and be able to say ‘it’s not me honey, that’s the law now’. 

Watching the debate on the N.I. protocol bill just now.
If Liz Truss is one of the leading names mentioned to take over the leadership of the Conservative party, and indeed the Prime Ministership. These islands will be f@#&ed more than they are now if this happens.

16 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Watching the debate on the N.I. protocol bill just now.
If Liz Truss is one of the leading names mentioned to take over the leadership of the Conservative party, and indeed the Prime Ministership. These islands will be f@#&ed more than they are now if this happens.

It’s the old “the age of irony is dead” thing isn’t it.  Lizz fucking Truss as PM!

FWIW I think the reason that senior cabinet members have so far refused to throw Johnson under the bus is that they cannot bear the thought of any of the others being PM.  I bet there’s no love lost between Truss/Sunak/Gove/Raab/Mogg.