General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

I see Sean Clerkin has been found guilty of breach of the peace and fined £1000.  The guy may be a pain in the arse and an embarrassment to the pro-independence movement but seriously £1000.  I think that is excessive for a first offense and the defence may have had a point in regards to the Sheriff and his Labour MSP brother.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-37579477

I see Sean Clerkin has been found guilty of breach of the peace and fined £1000.  The guy may be a pain in the arse and an embarrassment to the pro-independence movement but seriously £1000.  I think that is excessive for a first offense and the defence may have had a point in regards to the Sheriff and his Labour MSP brother.

He's a bullying idiot and unless he's got genuine mental health issues deserves all he gets.

10 hours ago, strichener said:

26 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

He's a bullying idiot and unless he's got genuine mental health issues deserves all he gets.

For the benefit of the reader, watch for yourself and decide:

Personally I think it shows Clerkin to be lucky not to have been on the receiving end of something to really complain about.

He did his absolute best with his wee gang of middle aged permafuds to provoke the staff over & over again, no matter how polite they were. They were told to f**k off, so off they should have fucked, not continued with their embarrassing agitprop for the Twitteratti.

As for that other c**t in the background going on & on about "this is recorded on film, you touch him, that's assault", don't think he would have been half as gobby if he'd thought for a moment the Labour stewards or venue staff would have kicked off.

Five years on from making a c**t of Iain Grey in a Subway - the only moment of glory in his sad little life - he's still desperately trying to replay his one fleeting moment of glory like some shite recording artist that got one minor hit by a number of factors excluding that of "talent" yet ever since has been convinced it was the sure sign that a bigger audience awaited them.

Sean Clerkin vs the Labour Party? Sean Clerkin vs advancing age, decreasing career prospects and "nae burd" more like it.

Edited by WaffenThinMint

6 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

For the benefit of the reader, watch for yourself and decide:

Personally I think it shows Clerkin to be lucky not to have been on the receiving end of something to really complain about.

He did his absolute best with his wee gang of middle aged permafuds to provoke the staff over & over again, no matter how polite they were. They were told to f**k off, so off they should have fucked, not continued with their embarrassing agitprop for the Twitteratti.

As for that other c**t in the background going on & on about "this is recorded on film, you touch him, that's assault", don't think he would have been half as gobby if he'd thought for a moment the Labour stewards or venue staff would have kicked off.

Sean Clerkin vs the Labour Party? Sean Clerkin vs advancing age, decreasing career prospects and "nae burd" more like it.

I have already watched it and there is less to it than outside some clubs at the weekend where the police seem to have more tolerance for someone that is inebriated.  My point wasn't whether he deserved to be charged, more that it was a simple BOP charge and for a first offender, £1000 is highly unusual.

3 hours ago, strichener said:

I have already watched it and there is less to it than outside some clubs at the weekend where the police seem to have more tolerance for someone that is inebriated.  My point wasn't whether he deserved to be charged, more that it was a simple BOP charge and for a first offender, £1000 is highly unusual.

Whataboutery. The chump has been up before the beaks before for breach of the peace but got off. He tried burning a Union Jack in public last weekend in another desperate piece of attention whoredom. He's a nuisance and maybe hitting him in his wallet will help him wind his neck in before he gets himself gubbed.

25 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Whataboutery. The chump has been up before the beaks before for breach of the peace but got off. He tried burning a Union Jack in public last weekend in another desperate piece of attention whoredom. He's a nuisance and maybe hitting him in his wallet will help him wind his neck in before he gets himself gubbed.

Accuses someone of whataboutery and then brings up "what about the previous time" and "what about last weekend". :rolleyes:

If your old enough "Oh Vic I've fallen" "I'm slipping like Bambi on the ice"...
I particularly enjoy his perceived entitlement to push past people on the grounds that they can't lift their hands.If only I'd known this when turned away with the "nae trainers" patter 30 years ago.

Reading through the #wearescotland tweets and it seems to be a pretty well meaning,inoffensive hashtag. Then you see the names McColm,Spanner and Hothersall,absolute fucking pollutions the three of them.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Accuses someone of whataboutery and then brings up "what about the previous time" and "what about last weekend". :rolleyes:

Yes, because a hypothetical situation is so similar to a case history of public shitgibbonry from the local attention whore. :wacko:

Police dealt with Peter Dow in much the same manner when he refused polite and then not so polite requests to pack it in with the hobby troll politics intended to provoke an assault so he could make himself out to be a martyr.

37 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Yes, because a hypothetical situation is so similar to a case history of public shitgibbonry from the local attention whore. :wacko:

Police dealt with Peter Dow in much the same manner when he refused polite and then not so polite requests to pack it in with the hobby troll politics intended to provoke an assault so he could make himself out to be a martyr.

What hypothetical situation?  I didn't realise that there was justified whataboutery and unjustified and that WaffenThinMint was the judge of what is and isn't justifiable.  You are a hypocrite and have rightly been pulled up for it.

What hypothetical situation?  I didn't realise that there was justified whataboutery and unjustified and that WaffenThinMint was the judge of what is and isn't justifiable.  You are a hypocrite and have rightly been pulled up for it.

You can see how WaffenThinMint's points were relevant and yours wasn't though, don't you? I'm guessing you can also see how what Sean did is different to a scuffle outside a nightclub and why they aren't really compatible when it comes to the point discussed.

47 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

You can see how WaffenThinMint's points were relevant and yours wasn't though, don't you? I'm guessing you can also see how what Sean did is different to a scuffle outside a nightclub and why they aren't really compatible when it comes to the point discussed.

Not relevant to the severity of the punishment.

6 hours ago, strichener said:

What hypothetical situation?

Um, this hypothetical situation...

13 hours ago, strichener said:

I have already watched it and there is less to it than outside some clubs at the weekend where the police seem to have more tolerance for someone that is inebriated.

:whistle

6 hours ago, jmothecat said:

5 hours ago, strichener said:

Not relevant to the severity of the punishment.

If it wasn't relevent, why did you bother to reply to it in the first place?

Oh right, you're scrambling from excuse to excuse, sorry, I forgot about that.

Bottom line: there's a vast difference between

(a) the whataboutery of some scheme goblin noising up that they'll take on the world on a Saturday night after one half shandy too many &

(b) people with previous for acting like tools to a certain group of people (ie. Labourites) going onto private property where those people are gathered in large numbers for a function with the sole intention of causing trouble and - having been told they cannot enter a part of it - choose to act belligerently not only to members of said group but to the staff of the private property said function is being held on, on top of disturbing other patrons by shouting & bawling like a bellend.

Even worse, on camera it is clearly shown they are attempting to provoke others to break the law (ie. commit assault) or entrap others on trumped up charges of breaking the law ("you touched me, that's assault!").

(Incidentally, the part at 13.30 in the first video where his effeminate cameraman is shrieking "You're loooosing! You're so terribly looooosing!" - Jesus tapdancing Christ, how can he or his supporters watch that & not be the least bit embarrassed at themselves.)

When the police arrived and reminded him (1.44 in the second video) that this was not a public place but private property & therefore his "entitlement" to be anywhere was the sum total of fk all, & that they'd asked him to leave "nicely", the wee scrote kicked off again, lying that he'd been assaulted and pushed to the ground (um, where on either of those videos did this take place?) & when asked to show the police the footage right there, they refused (because of course they'd fk all proof).

Sean Clerkin & his chums went there with the soul intention of causing trouble, & having been denied this, they chose to do their level best to provoke, harass and upset patrons & staff of a private establishment they were only inside as uninvited guests, even after being asked to leave by staff & the police (whom they lied to about an "assault"). He can have no complaints.

15 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Um, this hypothetical situation...

:whistle

If it wasn't relevent, why did you bother to reply to it in the first place?

Oh right, you're scrambling from excuse to excuse, sorry, I forgot about that.

Bottom line: there's a vast difference between

(a) the whataboutery of some scheme goblin noising up that they'll take on the world on a Saturday night after one half shandy too many &

(b) people with previous for acting like tools to a certain group of people (ie. Labourites) going onto private property where those people are gathered in large numbers for a function with the sole intention of causing trouble and - having been told they cannot enter a part of it - choose to act belligerently not only to members of said group but to the staff of the private property said function is being held on, on top of disturbing other patrons by shouting & bawling like a bellend.

Even worse, on camera it is clearly shown they are attempting to provoke others to break the law (ie. commit assault) or entrap others on trumped up charges of breaking the law ("you touched me, that's assault!").

(Incidentally, the part at 13.30 in the first video where his effeminate cameraman is shrieking "You're loooosing! You're so terribly looooosing!" - Jesus tapdancing Christ, how can he or his supporters watch that & not be the least bit embarrassed at themselves.)

When the police arrived and reminded him (1.44 in the second video) that this was not a public place but private property & therefore his "entitlement" to be anywhere was the sum total of fk all, & that they'd asked him to leave "nicely", the wee scrote kicked off again, lying that he'd been assaulted and pushed to the ground (um, where on either of those videos did this take place?) & when asked to show the police the footage right there, they refused (because of course they'd fk all proof).

Sean Clerkin & his chums went there with the soul intention of causing trouble, & having been denied this, they chose to do their level best to provoke, harass and upset patrons & staff of a private establishment they were only inside as uninvited guests, even after being asked to leave by staff & the police (whom they lied to about an "assault"). He can have no complaints.

I have already stated that the guy is a pain in the arse so I am not really sure that the effort that you have put into this post was worth it TBH.  The singular issue that I raised was that someone that had been found guilty of BOP had a £1000 fine for a first offense.  Your subsequent posts on the matter are the very definition of irrelevance.

You appear to be trying awful hard to win the internet via a waning football forum.:whistle

I will leave you to it.

3 hours ago, strichener said:

I have already stated that the guy is a pain in the arse so I am not really sure that the effort that you have put into this post was worth it TBH.  The singular issue that I raised was that someone that had been found guilty of BOP had a £1000 fine for a first offense.  Your subsequent posts on the matter are the very definition of irrelevance.

You appear to be trying awful hard to win the internet via a waning football forum.:whistle

I will leave you to it.

^^^^ left the forum in a huff

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 08:30, strichener said:

I would've smacked him in his fat gob, smashed the camera tae f**k then threw them out into the gutter where they belong.....scummy c*nts....Damn, I wish I had been  there!

2 hours ago, McSpreader said:

I would've smacked him in his fat gob, smashed the camera tae f**k then threw them out into the gutter where they belong.....scummy c*nts....Damn, I wish I had been  there!

"I swear, if he comes anywhere near my house and kids, I'll do time" type post imo - you'd have done f**k all.