Dundee United v Heart of Midlothian, 20/02/2016

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I'm here I may as well have a go at Hearts here.

I noticed against Hibs that Hearts players got Cummings sent off.

The ref wasn't interested until 3 Hearts players all went over to him pointing at bad guy Jason.

From the Highlights at Tannadice we again see Hearts players desperate to see an opponent sent off.

The ref was gonnae do it anyway but that didn't stop Ozturk having a good point at Anier.

Good to see fellow pros trying their best to get players sent off

Whilst I'm here I may as well have a go at Hearts here.

I noticed against Hibs that Hearts players got Cummings sent off.

The ref wasn't interested until 3 Hearts players all went over to him pointing at bad guy Jason.

From the Highlights at Tannadice we again see Hearts players desperate to see an opponent sent off.

The ref was gonnae do it anyway but that didn't stop Ozturk having a good point at Anier.

Good to see fellow pros trying their best to get players sent off

A matter of seconds before Cummings was given his second yellow for kicking the ball away, Augustyn got his second yellow for throwing the ball to the place where the free kick would be taken from - hardly surprising that our players wanted the ref to show consistency.

Anier kicked out at Ozturk - should that not be a straight red card? If a player's just been kicked, would you not expect them to react in some way? Would it have been better for Ozturk to get in Anier's face? Or would it be better to get the referee to do his job?

Anier kicked out at Ozturk - should that not be a straight red card?

That was my thought too after watching it back, the first yellow was petty, although the ref pointed to three or four different places in a two foot radius it seemed like he was just booking him to appear consistent.

However the second yellow should have been a straight red even if he didn't actually connect, so Anier has come out of it well.

No one else think the first yellow was a foul against Anier?

All three of the fouls given against Anier could have gone the other way. It was a centre forward against a centre half both trying to outmuscle the other.

Clancy was absolutely rank. Looks like Golem's recent mellowing has left a gap in the market for a card happy pedantic twat.

All three of the fouls given against Anier could have gone the other way. It was a centre forward against a centre half both trying to outmuscle the other.

Clancy was absolutely rank. Looks like Golem's recent mellowing has left a gap in the market for a card happy pedantic twat.

I generally think, and I appreciate folk will think this is because we get loads, that there are way too many red cards in football these days.

It should be reserved for serious offences as it often ruins a game completely. McGhee and Anier get red cards for some nothing fouls and we have to play an hour with ten men. Cummings gets a red card for two technical offences in the cup and misses a massive quarter final tie for it.

Personally I'd like to see a sin bin. Nobody is hurt by these offences, and while teams shouldn't get away with it with no punishment at all, a red card is disproportionately harsh.

Just watched the highlights on the BBC website. Cracking strike by Paton, absolute stupidity from Anier for his second yellow. Finally gets a chance of some playing time and has a petulant little kick out for no reason; what a complete idiot.

cut him some slack, he got the assist ;)

I agree entirely. Far too many reds and yellows for irrelevant offences.

If the ref doesn't book players they will continually foul to break up the play and let team mates get organised to defend. There are far too many fouls in the game, not yellows and reds.

Archived