What Ever Happened To ...

Antlion

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Piano's in houses.

Not seen an upright piano in a house for ages.

Cannae gie them away these days. I was charged with selling an upright piano for a village hall about a decade ago, and the best I could manage was paying a house clearance-type company to remove it. Even that was so prohibitively expensive that they decided to just leave it in the corner it had been sitting in for years.

You'd only have one for show since the advent of electronic keyboards.

Cannae gie them away these days. I was charged with selling an upright piano for a village hall about a decade ago, and the best I could manage was paying a house clearance-type company to remove it. Even that was so prohibitively expensive that they decided to just leave it in the corner it had been sitting in for years.

Interesting. We have a Yamaha Clavinova to avoid the inconvenience of tuning etc but I always wondered if we deprived a master craftsman of a job. On a side note: does anyone know who could fix a few sticking keys?

Funnily enough I was thinking of the succession of soap opera actors - normally the younger ones - who get delusions of competence and head for Hollywood thinking they're the next big thing. After a year or so when no-one's taken their calls they tend to head back with their tails between their legs where reality TV awaits.

Holly Valance from being ubiquitous maybe ten years ago just seemed to disappear off the radar completely - turns out she did get to make a few films - straight-to-DVD jobs - but the big career doesn't seem to have panned out for her, which is a shame because she wasn't exactly battered repeatedly with the ugly stick...

holly%20valance6h.jpg

She is now married to a billionaire property developer so i doubt having a career really matters to her anymore.

Interesting. We have a Yamaha Clavinova to avoid the inconvenience of tuning etc but I always wondered if we deprived a master craftsman of a job. On a side note: does anyone know who could fix a few sticking keys?

Are you Enrico Fermi, and is this a job interview?

I was answering the question posed in the thread title....

If I go by your argument, every house that used to have one should still have one? Or am I off key?

I was answering the question posed in the thread title....

If I go by your argument, every house that used to have one should still have one? Or am I off key?

You make a very good point, sir.

I'd have to guess that the sales of fireaxes have skyrocketed in the past few decades, along with the volume of wood being recycled in blue bins. It's the only possible answer.

Sarah Greene from Going Live? And where are Trev & Simon?

Last time she appeared on the telly when was her husband Mike Smith (ex Radio One DJ) croaked it from a heart attack. Reputedly he never forgave himself for not grassing up the beasts at the station or the guy dying during a stunt on Noel Edmonds Saturday telly show.

Archived