What Ever Happened To ...

Antlion

Inspired by Pittsburgh Phil, this is an offshoot of the "people you thought were dead" thread. List, name, shame or demand the attention of people, things, events which were once the apex of light entertainment or one-time flavour of the month, but have now fallen off the face of the earth with barely a Wikipedia page to remember them by, and no info on what they're doing.

Barbara Kellerman. Possibly best known for playing the White Witch in the old BBC production of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Rather than gracefully seguing into soap, she just appears to have disappeared and possibly (how dare she) chosen to lead a private life.

Similarly Belinda Lang keeps a hell of a low profile since 2point4 Children. Last I recall she appeared on The Wright Stuff a few years back.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking this the other day - Imogen Stubbs - where did she go?

I had a thing for Belinda Laing, btw. :o

And Imogen Stubbs. :wub:

Nice to hear I'm not the only Imogen Stubbs aficionado!

Rick Moranis ... was really famous then chucked it all in to look after his ill wife.

Des out of Neighbours.

Basically, when he left the show, he disappeared off the face of the planet. Was rumoured to be working in a pub somewhere. He couldn't handle the fame that being so famous brought about, so he turned to booze and drugs.

Happily, he's got a lot better and played a wee cameo role in the 30th anniversary of Neighbours a while back.

Des out of Neighbours.

Basically, when he left the show, he disappeared off the face of the planet. Was rumoured to be working in a pub somewhere. He couldn't handle the fame that being so famous brought about, so he turned to booze and drugs.

Happily, he's got a lot better and played a wee cameo role in the 30th anniversary of Neighbours a while back.

That's the problem with being famous. It brings fame

Des out of Neighbours.

No clue who this guy is but you inspired me to post this picture.

post-4520-14554500531935_thumb.jpg

No clue who this guy is but you inspired me to post this picture.

Funnily enough I was thinking of the succession of soap opera actors - normally the younger ones - who get delusions of competence and head for Hollywood thinking they're the next big thing. After a year or so when no-one's taken their calls they tend to head back with their tails between their legs where reality TV awaits.

Holly Valance from being ubiquitous maybe ten years ago just seemed to disappear off the radar completely - turns out she did get to make a few films - straight-to-DVD jobs - but the big career doesn't seem to have panned out for her, which is a shame because she wasn't exactly battered repeatedly with the ugly stick...

holly%20valance6h.jpg

And Russell Crowe. Wasn't this Margot Robbie lassie in one of the Aussie soaps too?

Their hit rate seems pretty good TBH.

Edit: and Nicole Kidman. Plus, that laddie who was in The Matrix and Star Wars seems to be paying the bills, at least.

Archived