The Blue Laughing Stock FC 2012 v St Mirren 27/2/16

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not pessimistic about the Championship. It's a fun league. But let's not kid ourselves on that we're basking in quality here. Which was the point being made when someone said that if a player had real quality, they wouldn't be signing for teams there.

Not once did I say anything about how enjoyable the leagues are. But they're not attractive to players making moves.

And my contention is that Scottish football is of a higher quality than is often appreciated - and has some good 'lower league' stories with The Championship both last year and this being the stand out.

As for players signing? Sure, they go for money but the wages offered in, say, the English leagues are there for not that many players. The money offered by the likes of, even, us and Hibs is attractive to a huge number of players.

The argument, "He could go to England" is crass. English clubs have a finite squad size and, also, lots of Scottish clubs pay decent wages.

Who was celebrating? I was pointing out another FACT. Something you small time Charlie's can't comprehend.

I think you've failed to grasp the point that others have been making. The last time we won this division we did so fairly comfortably and beat SPL side Motherwell 3-0 along the way. Some of our fans may have got carried away with their perceptions of our ability, but I'm sure most saw that we were a good 2nd tier side and not a good team in the grand scheme of world football.

Rangers are probably the best team in this division and will more than likely win the league, but if you genuinely believe that you'll be challenging for the Premiership next season with the squad you currently have then you're deluded. At the end of the day Rangers are still a Championship team and as such, we should be able to pose a threat without having to turn in a world-beating performance.

I think you've failed to grasp the point that others have been making. The last time we won this division we did so fairly comfortably and beat SPL side Motherwell 3-0 along the way. Some of our fans may have got carried away with their perceptions of our ability, but I'm sure most saw that we were a good 2nd tier side and not a good team in the grand scheme of world football.

Rangers are probably the best team in this division and will more than likely win the league, but if you genuinely believe that you'll be challenging for the Premiership next season with the squad you currently have then you're deluded. At the end of the day Rangers are still a Championship team and as such, we should be able to pose a threat without having to turn in a world-beating performance.

No I didn't miss the point, I responded to a post that said Rangers' GK, Defence & Strikers were poor and could get got at with cold hard facts that prove the total opposite.

If you could point out where I said Rangers would be challenging for the premiership next season we can debate that point but you won't be able to, because I never said it.

Maybe it's you who's missed the point? ;)

We actually know our limitations and are very aware we're far from the complete article.

What makes we Bears happy is that 12 months ago we were a hopeless basket case but are now a pretty decent Championship team. We're very much a work in progress, though.

We actually know our limitations and are very aware we're far from the complete article.

What makes we Bears happy is that 12 months ago we were a hopeless basket case but are now a pretty decent Championship team. We're very much a work in progress, though.

Spot on.

I don't know any Rangers fan that thinks if we win the league we'll be challenging straight away. We know we need to improve in key areas and also the squad. I've also not seen anybody on here that says we'll challenge. I might be wrong I don't get on often due to work.

As you say, 12 months ago we had McCoist/Mcdowell in charge with the likes of Simmonsen, Mculloch, Moshni, Black, Daly, Boyd and the rest playing and our route to goal was via the clouds.

We're now playing football the way it should be played IMO and for that I'm grateful. Not naive enough to think we'll win the premiership with this squad, but then again it's never bears that insinuate it.

No I didn't miss the point, I responded to a post that said Rangers' GK, Defence & Strikers were poor and could get got at with cold hard facts that prove the total opposite.

If you could point out where I said Rangers would be challenging for the premiership next season we can debate that point but you won't be able to, because I never said it.

Maybe it's you who's missed the point? ;)

Do you not think your defence can be 'got at'?

Everyone's defence can be 'got at'
The fact is we've conceded only 17 goals in the league this season, which would suggest it isn't as easy to 'get at' our defence as people think.

It really doesn't matter what I think or you think because our opinions can be argued. What does matter is facts and the biggest fact is we have conceded only 17 goals in 25 league games and our GK has the most clean sheets in the whole of Scotland.

There are some decent Murn fans about. Shame that the Greenock dross like to stick their oar in too often.

His grammar is questionable but his point stands.

You've only won the lowest leagues in the country & had to spunk hunners of money to achieve it.

It really doesn't matter what I think or you think because our opinions can be argued. What does matter is facts and the biggest fact is we have conceded only 17 goals in 25 league games and our GK has the most clean sheets in the whole of Scotland.

A team the size of rangers in the lower tiers of Scottish football this boast is like bragging to homeless guy about your new curtains.

Every moron is a comedian. Are you here to discuss football or to make jokes that would even be shunned on The BRALT for being too crass?

the truth is hard to take mate,i accept that.the sooner you come to terms with it,the sooner you can get on with your wee life.

You've only won the lowest leagues in the country & had to spunk hunners of money to achieve it.

What is it with you Morton idiots? The most recent match thread with you gave your desultory support a red neck and your trying to repeat it here.

Are you Sevco obsessed or Mirren obsessed? Sorry to ask a question with two options. I guess that doesn't compute in Greenock.

A team the size of rangers in the lower tiers of Scottish football this boast is like bragging to homeless guy about your new curtains.

Boasting? I know your club don't get to do it too often but that's not how we boast :thumsup2

I was stating facts in response to a post that was made. Is that not what you do on a football forum?

Archived