Dumbarton (0) v Hibernian

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing that you had your racist idiots at the game on Saturday as well.

Not sure how the problem will ever be eradicated apart from self policing and lengthy bans.

There's no way the playing budget will be cut.

The 2 derby sellouts, Scott Allan sale and cup final will have made us a fair whack this season.

We also have 2.7m cash in the bank.

This seasons pre play-off La Manga trip will cost a few bob.

There's no way the playing budget will be cut.

The 2 derby sellouts, Scott Allan sale and cup final will have made us a fair whack this season.

We also have 2.7m cash in the bank.

Henderson,Stokes and Cummings will be for the off at least. From what I've seen this season Falkirk are the better side and Hibs will seriously struggle next season. Also, your manager is absolutely clueless. Treble :lol:

All joking and piss taking aside, I thought Rod Petrie said 12000 crowds at ER were the 'break-even' figure. What has changed? or was he being a bit OTT when (if) he said that?

That wasn't ever said, I asked a Hearts fan on here to post up when RP said this because I genuine hadn't seen it before.

Unless you can find it?

That wasn't ever said, I asked a Hearts fan on here to post up when RP said this because I genuine hadn't seen it before.

Unless you can find it?

That's why I asked mate, seem to have heard/seen it quoted hundreds of times, but wasn't sure when it was allegedly said by RP.

That's why I asked mate, seem to have heard/seen it quoted hundreds of times, but wasn't sure when it was allegedly said by RP.

It used to get said a lot on here but don't think it's true. Could be wrong though...

Wouldn't mean much anyway, theres no way we're paying the same kind of wages we were back then, like most teams in Scotland. It reflects in the quality of player we've got now compared to back then.

Hibs’ cash balance also rose by more than £1m to £2.7m

“Without the exceptional level of income that comes from reaching a cup final or through significant transfer fee income, it is not possible for Hibernian to break even as a club outside the Premiership.”

We're in a cup final, will have made a shitload in another cup and (unfortunately) will almost certainly be bringing in money for Cummings in the summer.

So we have money to absorb losses for way longer than we'll be in this division and in the mean time, we might not even have that bad a financial year this time. Tick tock indeed.

As it happens, I think we might reduce the budget if we don't go up, just because we'd probably be able to get away with paying less in a league where we're not competing with the second highest wage bill in the country..

Not a bad post from Myview apart from a couple of lines about Stubbs being too laidback in interviews. I was in the minority when I said a couple of weeks ago the league is priority, I'll actually be quite annoyed with the team if they raise their game to beat ICT.

Imo if I can expand and find the right words the interviews are coming over to me as too relaxed. Watch other managers interviews there more intense, more serious. I'm talking about tone, posture and facial expression. Also what he says imo is too relaxed and laid back. Also what adds to this is his recent team selections. Do you not think, was it not seven? changes recently comes over as relaxed/ laid back. This is Hibs they must win every match so confirm this by playing your best team. Hibs have a good squad but imo not strong enough to consistently make so many changes to win every match. When he explains why he has made the changes to me it comes over as .... He is just giving others a game. Rather than we must win and that's why I'm playing my best team which sends the right message to the players.

Sorry edit to say if Stubbs plays his best team v Inverness I would be raging as a player and fan as well. Best team should always be in league matches imo.

Archived