Dumbarton (0) v Hibernian

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody 'needs' to know the internal workings of Hibs to know that they will not have budgeted for more than two seasons in the championship.

We going to go bust then? :(

We've probably made close to a million for our cup games alone. Pretty sure Leeann is in control of our finances.

Are you the user formerly known as 'As we rise again'?

Ah, good ole AWRA.

That fud had more aliases than brain cells.

He was like a hooked gambler - very time he was outed and banned, he'd pop up with another alias. Sad sack he was.

Why do we "need" to go up? Do you know the internal workings at Easter Road?

To keep a premiership budget they will, common sense would dictate that having an 800k loss three years on the trot isn't sustainable. Petrie mentioned 12k as abreak even for crowds did he not? Hibs aren't and haven't been getting that. I'm not giving it going bust chat but they'll need to make cuts.

Following Hibs the past week has been a bit shite Myview any chance you can email Stubbs with a couple of points on how to turn things round?

Yes but only because I think Hibs deserve to be promoted. Myview is that and I don't do 'hindsights are a wonderful thing'. First of all I think Hibs are unlucky to be left in 3 trophies as I do believe Stubbs got distracted even slightly. As a result he started to rest players imo too many too often. Apart from maybe an odd player play your strongest team especially in the league. If not a weaker team and losing that team winning momentum is not good. For example I watched the Alloa match Hanlon strolled thru it but rested him v Morton. Why? If it was to give Fontaine a run for the Inverness game then I say stuff it. It doesn't matter about the Scottish or league cup it's about one target, promotion. Resting players also makes them think no matter how I play it doesn't matter I will get rested! Someone once told me Dundee Utd won the league with a 14 man squad. Messi and Ronaldo don't get rested! Has Stokes upset the team spirit? Is he really match fit? I also think they now are struggling to score like Rangers, Stokes on the left and Cummings on the right. Forget the diamond get the two of them playing centrally closer together. Stubbs also appears very laid back in his interviews. Players relate to this and stupidly can adopt it! However Rangers and Hibs should remember Newcastle not so long ago lost an 11 point lead it's not all over yet and remember Rangers are scraping through by an odd goal. Also in both Hibs last two matches they could have been a couple ahead before the opposition scored that's the fine line and why you must aim to get all the factors right. I will let you email him tho! Lol!

Myview, ever thought about stepping into football management? You have a great understanding of the game.

Mind, blown.

I appreciate your post. I can't give you an answer to your question tho it would give too much away! However, your team's run in the 3 trophies deserves imo a success.

Not a bad post from Myview apart from a couple of lines about Stubbs being too laidback in interviews. I was in the minority when I said a couple of weeks ago the league is priority, I'll actually be quite annoyed with the team if they raise their game to beat ICT.

Archived