Glasgow Sub Crawl.

Mr Pikey

Noone does those stops as there isn't any pubs at all at one and with the other the nearest pub is back Bridge St way. Just double up on a couple of other stops.

I draw the gentlemans attention to the pictures above, which I'm sure you'll agree, shows that folk do indeed do those stops.

The mrs works in the Three Judges. Often pop in for a pint whilst waiting for her to finish. Lovely little boozer actually but no sky/bt so no football shown unless it's on alba and I ask for it to be turned over.

Wee Angie is sum gurl :wub:

Re: Kelvinhall Stop Bar Gallus is a good shout. Pool table, decent juke box and plenty of floor space.

Not been in the Tavern for a few years. Every Saturday around 9 pm the local constabulary would be out in force. Mostly pool related no doubt? ;)

Aside from the Laurieston, don't have a scooby about pubs south of the Clyde, but I'd take online articles with a pinch of salt:

"Buchanan Street - Exit station and then walk by 500 pubs, thereby defeating the whole purpose of the exercise and go to the Horseshoe because it's old and has a long bar."

https://food.list.co.uk/article/38833-bar-crawls-glasgow-the-subcrawl/

"Avoid the dodgy zombie pubs south of the river thereby defeating the whole point of the exercise and stick to the West End if at all possible" and "Exit Partick station, walk to Kelvinhall underground and go to the Lismore, then walk back to Partick underground get on the train, exit Kelvinhall underground and go to the Judges which is about the same distance as the Lismore"

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2012/nov/30/glasgow-sub-crawl-pub-crawl

I'd rather do without than go to The Horseshoe.

Noone does those stops as there isn't any pubs at all at one and with the other the nearest pub is back Bridge St way. Just double up on a couple of other stops.

This is why you should start on the south side, to get two long walks out of the way.

I draw the gentlemans attention to the pictures above, which I'm sure you'll agree, shows that folk do indeed do those stops.

Knightswood Bear is correct on this.

Anyhoo, for people worried about West Street and Sheilds Road, it's actually only West Street that involves a wee walk.

At Sheilds Road you can now go into the lovely Fish People cafe and (if you're not drunken nobs about it - again, another reason to start at St Enoch and head South), you can negotiate drinks there pretty easily. You may need to buy some token food, but the staff there are lovely and will serve something up along with bottles of Estrella.

I met some friends who were doing a subcrawl (I was busy and couldn't join, so only had a pint in the Lauriston and a trip to Sheilds Road). We ordered plates of oysters and someone had some prawn thing. It was great. They don't have a licence just to serve drinks, so don't be dicks about it.

Sheilds%20Road%20Subway_zps0tl8krie.jpg

You sound just like that idiot (can't remember who, maybe Weeperdee) who left T in the Park because it was too muddy.

As has been pointed out this is nonsense. Most people will do it properly and do all stops.

What is this madness?

Well looks like I mucked it up. Researched the crawl and every guide said to miss out Shields Rd and West St. Happy enough with what I did and will do full next time. Tbf wouldn't have made end due to time if hadn't dicked out those two stops.

Well looks like I mucked it up. Researched the crawl and every guide said to miss out Shields Rd and West St. Happy enough with what I did and will do full next time. Tbf wouldn't have made end due to time if hadn't dicked out those two stops.

post-31698-0-10749600-1456516165.jpg

I once did a crawl when Rangers were at home, as despite my protestations my mate insisted on doing it on his birthday rather than the Saturdays either side when Rangers were away. The Louden was certainly an interesting experience.

That was the one time I've been on a crawl and not done a pub at every stop as well, as they decided to just bail out on closing the circle and walk up to Sauchiehall Street from Cowcaddens instead of finishing it, much to my disappointment. Despicable behaviour - do every stop or you've not done the subcrawl.

Edited by Dunning1874

I was sure the louder was mostly frequented by Celtic supporters through the week.

Never found any pub to be that bad during match days for Rangers fans but found the subway itself to be the worst place to be.

The Stadium Bar was supposedly a Celtic shop during the week, which always sounded a lot of shite to me.

In its new guise there's no doubting what side it's bread is buttered on.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Few things, manly Partick related:

Jacksons at Cowcaddens is at least part owned by Walter Smith, and must have something in common with the Rosevale in Partick as the posters in the window advertising whatever is on at the time of year e.g. the egg chasing at the moment are identical. The Rosevale has started to advertise as a “real ale / live music” type pub too, and as Jagfox said is less far along the bluenose scale than both Stumps and the Windsor.

If you do end up in the Windsor, beware the females who inhabit it aren’t always very friendly.

The suspect is described as being between 40 and 50-years-old.

At the time of the attack, she was wearing a pink tracksuit and a black jacket.

The food in Jacksons is pretty decent too but food on a subcrawl tends to be from the chippy / Chinese at Partick station and you'd probably be too late to get food by that point as well.

The Partick Tavern is now Partick Brewing Co and has done away with the pool tables.

The Quarter Gill is a magnet for every fucking yahoo from the schemes on a Friday and Saturday night, it’s the one pub in Partick I’d avoid. Again, nice wee boozer with decent food if you go in early enough, also would be too busy for subcrawls.

The Ettrick had a brief rebrand as a Breaking Bad theme pub, Heisenberg’s but the irony of the drug references and the fact it’s full of tinpot gangsters didn’t make it any more successful and it’s now the Tenement.

edit for formatting

Edited by Fuctifano

Aye, I would always avoid The Windsor. Think I've been in it twice and felt very uncomfortable each time.

I wasn't aware that The Tavern had changed and done away with the pool tables. Bit of a minter.

I think the Quarter Gill has probably attracted the type of clientele that used to frequent the Clyde Valley or whatever it was called across the road. Namely folk from The Drum and Yoker that saw venturing that far up Dumbarton Road as "the toon"