Potential Signings for Top Table

Not sure it's what we need right now FB. Barton carries some amount of baggage with him, we'll have enough to contend with next season without adding fuel to the fire. The last 4 years haven't changed a thing, if anything the levels of bile and bitter spume are even more intense.

Will Barton make so much of a difference to us on the park next year to make it worth it, I don't think so if I'm honest.

If he keeps the head rab then aye and will give him his due he has matured greatly over the last few years and the chance to sign last seasons English championship player of the year should not be sniffed at IMO , completely understand your issue and worries though , the goldfish bowl of Glasgow has thrown some mild mannered players over the edge never mind someone with the reputation of Barton . He will either thrive in it or not but I do think it is worth finding out

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he keeps the head rab then aye and will give him his due he has matured greatly over the last few years and the chance to sign last seasons English championship player of the year should not be sniffed at IMO , completely understand your issue and worries though , the goldfish bowl of Glasgow has thrown some mild mannered players over the edge never mind someone with the reputation of Barton . He will either thrive in it or not but I do think it is worth finding out

Aye mate, he's certainly a good enough player, hopefully it's worth the risk. No reason not to trust Warburton's judgement on his transfer targets either I guess. We'll watch with interest eh!?😉

Law and Templeton latest to be released.

How much did Hellbhoy estimate these lads were on? 15K?

Lord only knows what figure Jackanory`s inside man came up with.

Law's perhaps done his bit, Temps has been a huge letdown, shame for such a talented lad.

Sorry Kink, I think it's a bad move for us, only see trouble ahead!

Rab, I'm in the 'time will tell' camp but do think the boy acquitted himself well.

I brought the Youtube link back to this thread as I don't see Barton needs his own thread.

Rab, I'm in the 'time will tell' camp but do think the boy acquitted himself well.

I brought the Youtube link back to this thread as I don't see Barton needs his own thread.

Aye fair enough mate, most of my pals think it's a good move, I don't, like you say only time will tell. The more I think about it, the more I don't want to see Barton in the Light Blue! Sorry but that's just how I feel.

It's a done deal now though, just hope it works out!

Templeton will most likely improve now. :)

I thought at times he was excellent.

The problem however was that it was only about 3 in every 10 games. He just didn't have the consistency required to succeed at a club who needs to win every game.

I didn't even realise Templeton was still at Ibrox this season.  Was he injured or just completely out of the picture?

Out the picture as far as I know.  Seemed to have a heart the size of a pea most of the time when playing for us.

Archived