Bottles at the ready, it's the Gers v Morton

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being crap against the team that's top of the league doesn't show that a player is 'out of his depth at this level'. When players are similarly, routinely crap against Livingston and Alloa, then you can make that claim. In the same way that plumbers weren't 'out of their depth in League One last season' just because we stomped all over them in the end. I think our midtable position shows that not to be the case. All of our players could be upgraded.

It's curious to note all the fury surrounding poor moments of defending in matches (against Celtic and Rangers away no less), yet the midfield always earns a free pass. Are these mistakes coming from opposition attacks against the run of play? If not, why isn't the midfield being targeted in equal measure?

When an opposition side is getting ten, fifteen, twenty attacks in a game it's really no surprise that a few of them will lead to a goal at this level. Without controlling or at least competing in the middle of the park then the defence 9/10 times will fail and ship a few goals in a game under repeated pressure.

Indeed, as was my point. I wouldn't slate anyone for being outclassed by this current Rangers team, they're miles ahead of anyone else.

However, Kilday gives me the absolute fear every time I watch him play; it's just even more obvious when playing better sides. As I said, his level is League 1 at best. Completely out of his depth.

Being crap against the team that's top of the league doesn't show that a player is 'out of his depth at this level'. When players are similarly, routinely crap against Livingston and Alloa, then you can make that claim. In the same way that plumbers weren't 'out of their depth in League One last season' just because we stomped all over them in the end. I think our midtable position shows that not to be the case. All of our players could be upgraded.

It's curious to note all the fury surrounding poor moments of defending in matches (against Celtic and Rangers away no less), yet the midfield always earns a free pass. Are these mistakes coming from opposition attacks against the run of play? If not, why isn't the midfield being targeted in equal measure?

When an opposition side is getting ten, fifteen, twenty attacks in a game it's really no surprise that a few of them will lead to a goal at this level. Without controlling or at least competing in the middle of the park then the defence 9/10 times will fail and ship a few goals in a game under repeated pressure.

All well and good, but there's no denying that Miller is completely hopeless and Kilday has had a few howlers against lesser teams

scotzine :lol:

andy muirhead :lol:

even if the stories were true, i still laugh at scotzine and muirhead

I'm ok with Scotzine.  OK so every time Muirhead posts on here he's a buffoon but at least he doesn't have a donate button on his site.  This marks him out from the rest of the Applepine bloggers.

Going to ibrox must the same for ather teams,all you get there is pelted with coins and bottles there fans are terrable worst place to go in scotland

Some bears were throwing traffic cones at the away fans tonight.

Imagine one of them got lifted for throwing a bottle after the last sorry episode. That would be some embarrassing shit.

Well beaten tonight but made a proper racket all night. Enjoyed it anyway.

I hear a section of Morton fans may have a special treat in store for the home support too.

I've just heard what this is, very clever!

OK so share it with the rest of us.  What 'very clever' jape did you wee West Coast scoundrels get up to?

Archived