St Patrick's day

Romeo

Was thinking this myself, gives folk the opportunity to pretend they're Irish for a day. We should do more to promote ourselves in Scotland. Fair play to Guinness though got a holiday for folk to buy their products.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't wanting any bites - I had explained it but decided to edit my post down a bit as I was staring the obvious.

17 th March - worst of winter over, Easter round corner, days getting longer and perhaps just a Spring piss up when you haven't had time off work for ages.

30 th November - middle of winter, Christmas round corner so need to save up for nights out there and presents, also the Christmas spirit hasn't quite began yet and weather is shite and dark.

Just my personal opinion as to perhaps why we don't celebrate it quite like the Irish celebrate St Patrick's day.

I wasn't wanting any bites - I had explained it but decided to edit my post down a bit as I was staring the obvious.

17 th March - worst of winter over, Easter round corner, days getting longer and perhaps just a Spring piss up when you haven't had time off work for ages.

30 th November - middle of winter, Christmas round corner so need to save up for nights out there and presents, also the Christmas spirit hasn't quite began yet and weather is shite and dark.

Just my personal opinion as to perhaps why we don't celebrate it quite like the Irish celebrate St Patrick's day.

Or Tennents or Belhaven haven't thrown enough money at marketing it.

Or Tennents or Belhaven haven't thrown enough money at marketing it.

Do you think if they started now there would be a public holiday on St Andrew's day when we all went out and celebrated being Scottish? Think there have always been too many divides in Scotland for this to go smoothly. 

Do you think if they started now there would be a public holiday on St Andrew's day when we all went out and celebrated being Scottish? Think there have always been too many divides in Scotland for this to go smoothly.

Would genuinely be 'Too Scottish' to celebrate St Andrews day properly in the eyes of many of the population.

All that might be true if you only drank twice a year and only then when the weather was nicer. 

But on the other hand... 30th November. Payday. Let's go get pished. 

Let's face it. The Paddy's Day Marketing Board (if it exists) does a good job. The fact that much of it is crass and embarrassing is neither here nor there. 

Archived