St Patrick's day

Romeo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always a good day to remember the greatest Youtube viral news report, the Alabama Leprechaun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

I have no idea what anyone is saying in the clip.

At 0:28 I'm sure the guy with the bad teeth says 'he looked like a little c**t to me'

Beyond being an excuse to have a few Guinness, I don't really care for it. My ex was from Norn Iron, had no choice but to go out with her and her mates when they celebrated, but never seen it as anything other than another drinking session.

My mate runs a couple of Celtic(That's a hard C officially...) bars over here, he tends to do events for both St Patricks day and St Andrews day. Didn't bother going last night but he is having another event on Saturday in one of his pubs and I'll probably head along to that for the duration.

Don't see why so many people get worked up about the whole thing.

Don't see why so many people get worked up about the whole thing.

Genuinely just seems like everyone is only annoyed because it's celebrated all over whilst nobody really gives a f**k about St Andrews Day.

It is rather annoying that it's such a big thing here when St Andrews Day isn't but that's already been covered. You'd have your hardcore BritNats going out their way to show how British they are.

If we had voted Yes Independence Day could've gotten interesting.. Shame.

Genuinely just seems like everyone is only annoyed because it's celebrated all over whilst nobody really gives a f**k about St Andrews Day.

It is rather annoying that it's such a big thing here when St Andrews Day isn't but that's already been covered. You'd have your hardcore BritNats going out their way to show how British they are.

I stopped reading the politics forum because of you, brutal.

anigif_optimized-5855-1426509179-1.gif

Wut. I enjoy a drink, but I lump those who go out on St Patricks in with the kind of gimp who does pub golf and loves drinking games. Pubs basically get full of utter tadges getting stupidly drunk and being irritating. Politics on the most part has little to do with the majority of reasons people enjoy, and equally dislike, St Patricks day.

Total disregard for the things St. Patrick's Day stands for. All this drinking, violence, destruction of property. Are these really things we think of when we think of the Irish?

Wut. I enjoy a drink, but I lump those who go out on St Patricks in with the kind of gimp who does pub golf and loves drinking games. Pubs basically get full of utter tadges getting stupidly drunk and being irritating. Politics on the most part has little to do with the majority of reasons people enjoy, and equally dislike, St Patricks day.

The majority of moans I see are because of plastic paddy behaviour though, seems to be what most people get bothered about.

If it's for the reasons mentioned then fair enough, I've never been out on St Patrick's day before and have never been bothered by the people that go out as I never see them.

Total disregard for the things St. Patrick's Day stands for. All this drinking, violence, destruction of property. Are these really things we think of when we think of the Irish?

Horses running through council estates, toothless simpletons, badly tarmacced drives, men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings.

And rocks, lots of rocks.

Today everyone is a little bit Irish, except, of course, for the gays, and the Italians.

Archived