Airdrie v Rovers

Was crazy to think they were ever looking at him in the first place. He was talentless and I got slaughtered for saying so at the time.

Talantless what a load of nonsense. He was what 21 and played superb the season we went up nominated to be the best player in the league that's no fluke. The following season we were playing in a higher league and expectation was put on Donnelly personally I felt the club should have looked out for him more I remember Jimmy coming out and slating him in the tizer you don't do that to a young player then he slated him again in tizer when he broke his duck. Then Liam Buchanan was get a game before him and for record he made Taylor Morgan look like Lionel messi. I also heard from Ayr supporter he gave 100 per cent in his games. I would have Donnelly back at Airdrie but our fans need start realise handing out abuse to young players doesn't help them .

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bore off Cooper. He went down to Wigan for a week to train with them and thought he had made it. He came back up the road with a bad attitude acting like a Billy Big Time. Jimmys comments in the Advertiser were a last resort. The juniors are good enough for him.

Bore off Cooper. He went down to Wigan for a week to train with them and thought he had made it. He came back up the road with a bad attitude acting like a Billy Big Time. Jimmys comments in the Advertiser were a last resort. The juniors are good enough for him.

Aye bad attitude were you playing for Airdrie training with the team did you se the bad attitude ? Or you just going on hear say. Also I remember Donnelly scoring 2 at Dunfermline and the following Wednesday Jimmy critise him in the tizer tell me do you think that's good management of a young player.

Talantless what a load of nonsense. He was what 21 and played superb the season we went up nominated to be the best player in the league that's no fluke. .

The fact he is now playing junior football and has never repeated that run of form ever again suggests that it was a complete fluke!

What were his strengths? He put the ball in the net for a brief period but he wasn't quick, didn't have a good touch, couldn't hear the ball, couldn't bring folk into the game. He couldn't do anything well.

The fact he is now playing junior football and has never repeated that run of form ever again suggests that it was a complete fluke!

What were his strengths? He put the ball in the net for a brief period but he wasn't quick, didn't have a good touch, couldn't hear the ball, couldn't bring folk into the game. He couldn't do anything well.

All the things you are saying he did in that season. The problem at Airdrie is some of our fans really get on players cases when they go through a hard spell, and sometimes its to much.

I was involved with the team at that point in time.

Yeah be interesting to know your role. You can all form your oppinion. My view Ryan was brilliant that season his finishing was up their with coyle. The following season higher league expectation rise, pressure was put on him , his own manager slate him in tizer which for me is a big mistake . Ryan then went to brechin never settled then the rovers and he did OK at Ayr, new manager came in didnt fancy him sounds of it and went to the juniors. You can all think what you want but that season wasn't a fluke.

Typical of any young kid who got his head turned.

He definitely lacked a vital yard of pace imho.

He was a good finisher, excellent imho. A bit like Prunty tbh, no other major stand out elements to his game. That coupled with a good attitude wouldve seen him all right.

Biggest issue IMO was attitude. 2 seperate coaches both cruelly parodied him in a really pathetic, whiny, mincey, tone "I'm getting myself fit and getting away from here".

Nice kid, had ability, lost focus, no patience, lost direction.

Some of these precocious youths need better advice imo.

My point is do I feel Jimmy managed Ryan well at that time no could Ryan done better aye, I actually feel bollan wolecki black would get more out of him as their both big on fitness. I agree needed extra yard as looked like he lost a yard.I just think sometimes as a manager you need to be more hands on rather say theirs peice of paper with fitness programme.

Anyway, back to the game. We appear to have an easy run in., so a win tomorrow would set us up nicely for an assault on the remaining playoff place. As for the hatred/ rivalry mentioned earlier, if we don't get the playoff place I hope Airdrie do, even though it'll cost us 2 full houses.

Anyway, back to the game. We appear to have an easy run in., so a win tomorrow would set us up nicely for an assault on the remaining playoff place. As for the hatred/ rivalry mentioned earlier, if we don't get the playoff place I hope Airdrie do, even though it'll cost us 2 full houses.

I went watched a rivers midweek game against stranrear I have to say then fancied stranrear to get the 4th place so it's down to the rovers or Airdrie to catch them.

Welcome to PnB, Captain. I assume you're a Rovers fan and also that you're kidding re easy run in. Remember we couldn't see out a game against the bottom team last week. Every team below us can smell our blood and we're on relegation form. I expect Airdrie and ourselves to be in League 1 next season. Even if they got a play-off spot, you couldn't see them winning the play-offs.

Welcome to PnB, Captain. I assume you're a Rovers fan and also that you're kidding re easy run in. Remember we couldn't see out a game against the bottom team last week. Every team below us can smell our blood and we're on relegation form. I expect Airdrie and ourselves to be in League 1 next season. Even if they got a play-off spot, you couldn't see them winning the play-offs.

Unless your Dunfermline or Peterhead it's a lottery .

As one-off ties with everything to play for, there's always an element of a lottery to play-off games: we went through it all under Paul Martin and saw red cards, penalties, last minute goals, suspensions...all kinds of end-of-season game-changing anomalies, with the stakes at an ultimate high. We have beaten Peterhead and Ayr this season and we could feasibly do it again in a midweek home tie, then go up there at the weekend and park the bus.

Cowdenbeath, Forfar, Stenny last 3. C'mon that should be 7 points even with me up front. Brechin, team on a run. Did you notice how much more communication there was between the Brechin players last week than between the Rovers players. Loudest thing I heard was the gaffer chastising Ross D for having a pop at goal.

Cowdenbeath, Forfar, Stenny last 3. C'mon that should be 7 points even with me up front. Brechin, team on a run. Did you notice how much more communication there was between the Brechin players last week than between the Rovers players. Loudest thing I heard was the gaffer chastising Ross D for having a pop at goal.

Forfar I would fancy to beat you right now with Craig and Ryan up front.

They've improved over the season but still no great shakes. Saw them against us 3 times and against Linlithgow Rose (most pitiful performance by any team I've seen this season).

They were unlucky not to beat us minus Craig forfar and brechin up their with Peterhead and Dunfermline stranrear based on recent form. Airdrie rovers stenny struggling a bit the now. So yeah your looking for 7 points I would say it's a big ask.

Yeah be interesting to know your role. You can all form your oppinion. My view Ryan was brilliant that season his finishing was up their with coyle. The following season higher league expectation rise, pressure was put on him , his own manager slate him in tizer which for me is a big mistake . Ryan then went to brechin never settled then the rovers and he did OK at Ayr, new manager came in didnt fancy him sounds of it and went to the juniors. You can all think what you want but that season wasn't a fluke.

Bet you referred to him as "Giggsy" as well....

Archived