Airdrie v Rovers

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CB. Football would be a rotten game if everyone had the same opinion. In favour of mine is the fact that Faria twice this season got man of the match award for Livingston v Rangers.

P.s for what it's worth I don't think you can definitely say the Rovers man was offside from the picture.

I'd question why the 2 defenders are in so deep never mind if he's on. As soon as boy cuts back onto his left foot they should be stepping out together. Having said all that when you look at that still , it's an unbelievable ball to put it in for Love to tap in. One of only 2 bits of quality in the game, the other being the Airdrie goal.

Faria is a good defender in there. But he has no other abilities at all. He also has a CM partner who has no real quantifiable skillset and 2 really poor CBs who cannot pass either, it's just horrid all around.

Since Faria's arrival we have been a bit harder to break down but have become visibly less attractive to watch and are creating less.

Also, Faria now seems under pressure to create more and he's drifting into nose bleed territory.

But I like the chairman's thinking. We got slaughtered by Rangers particularly in CM. Why not sign someone who can compete at that level?

MoM on Saturday was either Parry who saved us twice or Fitz whose goal was excellent and who otherwise grafted as he does; not very pretty but Fitz tries 

Player of the Year - on balance - Parry

Young POTY  Cadden

Bring on next season.  This one has been grim in many ways.  Bollan's squad of many but none very good then the changes made by EWB, but worst of all teh illness of EWB.  Next season can only be better

Archived