Airdrie v Rovers

Did Ally "act the big one" in the same way that John Gemmell did after his goal at Cliftonhill?

(I.e. look in the general direction of the Airdrie fans and end up get chased by a dozen frothing Stone Island wearing mentallists)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought O'Neill was one of Airdrie's worst performers on the day - our loanee Georgiev, who hasn't set the heather alight in every game, had the better of him for most of the afternoon. McDonald at left back had a better game - he gave his opponent less change and was a danger when he bombed forward with Cox.

Not all of our team had good games but they came together in the end. As is becoming the norm, no one on the park deserved a goal more than Ally Love - he covered every blade of 4G and, where other players on good forward runs (Fisher, McBride, Davidson) saw their names in lights and chose to shoot on sight (which is fair enough) Love, at a crucial time in the game, chose a lovely pass to Archibald, for whom I have new-found admiration: he made a few mistakes in the game, which is par for the course, but for such a young guy with no experience to miss a blatant sitter early in the second half and not let his head drop, and then to set up the equaliser, is very impressive. I'm no expert but I think he'll have learned an awful lot from yesterday.

Another good game for our back five - who kept Cadden and Cox frustrated, Lister quiet and Prunty anonymous. It took a wonder-goal to beat them. That half of the team picks itself for the important run-in. I think 10 points from 15 are needed, which means at least a point from the games ahead against celebration mode Ayr and Dunfermline.

I thought O'Neil was okay, he's got plenty of energy and can put in a tough tackle -which means fans like him - which in this league gets you a long way. He's not great defensively though and has no ability on the ball, which is his biggest limitation. He has all the physical attributes, just not many technical. Would full-time football make much difference there? Regardless, pleased he's getting a run in the team over a loanee though, makes sense to let him earn himself a contract.

Was a general lethargy about the place yesterday, we still have a very real possibility of reaching the play-off (god knows how!) but no-one really seems that arsed either way. Most of the players probably wont be here next year, I doubt the board actually want to go up, and a lot of fans realise that going up would probably result in us getting hammered every week and our 'grand plan' going out the window. Think everyone just wants the end of the season to arrive and we can move on.

I thought O'Neill was one of Airdrie's worst performers on the day - our loanee Georgiev, who hasn't set the heather alight in every game, had the better of him for most of the afternoon. McDonald at left back had a better game - he gave his opponent less change and was a danger when he bombed forward with Cox.

Not all of our team had good games but they came together in the end. As is becoming the norm, no one on the park deserved a goal more than Ally Love - he covered every blade of 4G and, where other players on good forward runs (Fisher, McBride, Davidson) saw their names in lights and chose to shoot on sight (which is fair enough) Love, at a crucial time in the game, chose a lovely pass to Archibald, for whom I have new-found admiration: he made a few mistakes in the game, which is par for the course, but for such a young guy with no experience to miss a blatant sitter early in the second half and not let his head drop, and then to set up the equaliser, is very impressive. I'm no expert but I think he'll have learned an awful lot from yesterday.

Another good game for our back five - who kept Cadden and Cox frustrated, Lister quiet and Prunty anonymous. It took a wonder-goal to beat them. That half of the team picks itself for the important run-in. I think 10 points from 15 are needed, which means at least a point from the games ahead against celebration mode Ayr and Dunfermline.

Hard to argue with any of that. Love was immense but he normally is: a shoe-in for Rovers Player of the Year, surely?

As for young Archibald; there's undoubted talent there although he does look pretty awkward when he's got his back to goal and trying to bring others into play. That said, playing loan striker at his age is a pretty tough ask and if we actually had a reasonable amount of strikers on our books, I doubt very much he'd have been asked to do it.

All in all, I thought a draw was fair. Airdrie moved the ball far better than Rovers without creating much, whilst Rovers didn't go out through the full backs at any point and relied on punts from a goalkeeper who, unlike his predecessor, can be relied upon to kick the ball where's he's asked to. I'm not sure I see either side overhauling Stranraer now but Airdrie at least have a bit more strength in depth and a game at Stair Park to play too.

Ally love ran out the stadium at full time still in his full kit and as he got to hus car turned and gave a mouthful of abuse to some airdrie fans. He then shat it, jumped in the car, which got booted a few times before speeding off. No one got assaulted ya gossiping wee tit

Yesterday was pretty similar to the earlier game at Broomfield- very low in quality especially in the final third so a draw was a fair result with Rovers probably having the better chances.

Terrific strike from Fitzpatrick but it has to be said all the time and space in the world to make the shot. Parry was on good form and stopped two almost certain goals. Ally Love terrific as usual and did well to get on the end of Archibald's cross.

Surely POTY award to Ally Love for noising up Airdrie boys as they were on their way to the MENSA meeting.

One last thing- the atmosphere in the stadium yesterday was eerie- a very quiet home crowd

Ally love ran out the stadium at full time still in his full kit and as he got to hus car turned and gave a mouthful of abuse to some airdrie fans. He then shat it, jumped in the car, which got booted a few times before speeding off. No one got assaulted ya gossiping wee tit

The wee shitbag will probably greet to the polis c**t

Love was immense but he normally is: a shoe-in for Rovers Player of the Year, surely?

Player of the second half of the season, certainly, but thinking back to the first half, the stars were further back. For consistency I'd probably be looking at Ross Dunlop.

Pretty turgid viewing yesterday. Thought we knocked the ball about quite well for the first 30 minutes or so, but no real cutting edge up front. Second half was pretty frustrating to watch. Excellent strike for Airdrie's goal and from that point I honestly didn't think we were going to score. Ally Love to the rescue again.

Chance of a hangover from Dunfermline at Cliftonhill next week could lead to a surprise win???

O'Neil one of the worst performers seriously ? He stopped any crosses coming in from his side and got fwd and played a lovely cross to Lister in the first half.

no he didn't, your a liar, was you one of the thugs booting the car, causing hundreds of pounds of damage if not thousands ? Airdrie fans are thugs, horrible fans, a fat guy in his forties kicking a car door in with a woman sitting inside

Is just moronic behaviour, airdrie have horrible fans, and try to deny what actually happened

no he didn't, your a liar, was you one of the thugs booting the car, causing hundreds of pounds of damage if not thousands ? Airdrie fans are thugs, horrible fans, a fat guy in his forties kicking a car door in with a woman sitting inside

Is just moronic behaviour, airdrie have horrible fans, and try to deny what actually happened

I don't wait behind at the end of matches, however if this is true i agree its disgusting and should be reported. At the same time their are two sides to a story. I wouldn't say all Airdrie fans are thugs, yes we have the odd idiot like most clubs do.

Hiya Ally, hiya pal :thumsup2  :lol: #purerajin

Absolutely terrible match, both teams played very poorly.

Prunty sadly looks past it and our central midfielders Fitzpatrick(yes it was a cracker of a goal) and Hugo have not been effective in any games I've seen this season.
And we have Hugo signed for aaaages yet   :yucky

It's that time of the season where we've to start picking our Players of the Season.

Young Player of the Season Cadden surely...

Player of the Season, even though he's not on the list probably would have to give it to Liam Watt.
Liked Watt, always gave 100% and scored 6 goals from midfield.
Even if he was wanting away deserved his place more than the two dumplings in midfield.

So you know the truth all the way from Ayrshire okay then none not one bit of that is true unless you do know don't go round making allegations ya wee tit unless you know #allyloveindisguise

So you know the truth all the way from Ayrshire okay then none not one bit of that is true unless you do know don't go round making allegations ya wee tit unless you know #allyloveindisguise

aiddrie fans in denial shocker and then go all aggressive, I know what I saw

aiddrie fans in denial shocker and then go all aggressive, I know what I saw

Ayrshire blue whatever you seen, doesn't justify calling all Airdrie Fans Thugs. Every home game i go to along from the right of where i sit I have version of still game, Jack Victor and miserable Tam who doesn't stop complaining, who are all pensioners.  I think you may find the airdrie supporters who go home and away no matter the weather, where ever we are playing are actually very well behaved supporters. I will say though when we have what is regarded as a big game you have the odd idiot who claims to be a fan but don't go week in week out and are only interested in making a name for themselves and also sometimes the odd game in a season some idiot will go to away game to have a bevvy and sometimes it results in idiot overstepping the mark. 

Archived