Airdrie v Rovers

Isn't Airdrie the same as Coatbridge in the sectarian ghetto side of things, more because of old firm fans than the two local sides though.

Airdrie is no better or worse than Motherwell, Wishaw, Hamilton, etc.  Coatbridge is a special case.

Who do Albion Rovers hate the most if Airdrie hate Motherwell.

Couldn't tell you but I'm indifferent to Motherwell.  It's Ayr Utd I really dislike.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who do Albion Rovers hate the most if Airdrie hate Motherwell.

"No one is born hating another person...hate must be learned, and if you can learn to hate you can learn to love."

I think we should all hold hands on Saturday and sing songs about how the most important thing is that no matter what happens we all respect each other.

"No one is born hating another person...hate must be learned, and if you can learn to hate you can learn to love."

I think we should all hold hands on Saturday and sing songs about how the most important thing is that no matter what happens we all respect each other.

Kumbaya, my Lord.

Beating Motherwell means everything. Buzzing for weeks leading up to playing them. Albion Rovers is more of a relief if we beat them. That said we've been that pish for so long Motherwell probably think that about us. :(

Airdrie and Queen's Park really are the main Derby matches suppose the other Lanarkshire teams could be classed as Derby matches but don't really feel a hatred

I had no idea QP were a rival of yours. Who would you take more pleasure in beating?

Got loads of respect for the Rovers fans, although the fact that they get a bus from Coatbridge to Airdrie for the game because they are scared for their safety is a bit cringey. Most Airdrie fans do a pub crawl to Coatbridge for the return fixture.

Got loads of respect for the Rovers fans, although the fact that they get a bus from Coatbridge to Airdrie for the game because they are scared for their safety is a bit cringey. Most Airdrie fans do a pub crawl to Coatbridge for the return fixture.

Pub crawl = Big Owens.

Got loads of respect for the Rovers fans, although the fact that they get a bus from Coatbridge to Airdrie for the game because they are scared for their safety is a bit cringey.

Which is ironic, since travelling through Craigneuk in a supporters bus just makes you more of a target.

Airdrie have the Indian sign over us this season- having home advantage will be enough for them. Rovers can't score enough goals

Cue a hat-trick from the new signing. Still hoping it's Ryan Donnelly.

He was rubbish everywhere he went after a stellar 6 month spell at Airdrie (IIRC his great form didn't even last for a full season.) I think someone like that, still relatively young, is crying out for a coaching team like Young and Stark to get him fit and scoring goals again.

Archived