Airdrie v Rovers

Two absolutely gash teams playing out a draw. A fair result in the end although it was disappointing to go 1 - 0 up and lose. 

The goal was the only decent part of the game - and take a bow Marc Fitzpatrick. What a hit. 

A few decent passing spells but created nothing and often passed backwards or sideways when there was a better option going forward (I'm looking at you Hugo) killing any momentum we had. 

Lithgow needs to stop pissing about with the ball. Was caught out often today and we were lucky they didn't score. 

Parry MOTM for me today. Kept us in it with some outstanding saves. 

Just want the season to be over TBH. Players and club just going through the motions just now.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you Airdrie lot wait behind to greet the players emerging into the car park?

I don't think our fans would wait to greet the Albion Rovers players, when you read Advertiser sounded like the boy Love was a footballer but all I seen today from him today was a blatant dive. What  I have seen the Rovers they lack creativity which we also lack in the middle of the park since Watt moved on. The one player in the Rovers team I would be happy for Airdrie to sign is the left back Kyle Turnbull I have seen him play 6 times and has always looked one of the better players on the park.

Two absolutely gash teams playing out a draw. A fair result in the end although it was disappointing to go 1 - 0 up and lose. 

The goal was the only decent part of the game - and take a bow Marc Fitzpatrick. What a hit. 

A few decent passing spells but created nothing and often passed backwards or sideways when there was a better option going forward (I'm looking at you Hugo) killing any momentum we had. 

Lithgow needs to stop pissing about with the ball. Was caught out often today and we were lucky they didn't score. 

Parry MOTM for me today. Kept us in it with some outstanding saves. 

Just want the season to be over TBH. Players and club just going through the motions just now.

I would have possibly gave man the match to O'Neil didn't put a foot wrong, Neil Parry did make outstanding save in the 2nd half and had a decent game. I actually thought Mackin did well for the short time he was on the pitch.

The big question for Airdrie fans who would you offer full time contract to, who are present in the first team i would offer contracts to the following- ONeil, Cadden, Stewart, Lithgow and possibly to Cox and McDonald. 

The big question for Airdrie fans who would you offer full time contract to, who are present in the first team i would offer contracts to the following- ONeil, Cadden, Stewart, Lithgow and possibly to Cox and McDonald.

Kyle Turnbull! 2 teams who didn't want to lose today. Great strike for the Airdrie goal. Great delivery for ours.

Albion rovers player was assaulted by airdrie fans when leaving the ground, sore face, punched and damage to his car, discraceful

from airdrie fans, horrible people

Obviously you saw the incident and thats a verbatim redact of what happened.

Walloper.

I thought O'Neill was one of Airdrie's worst performers on the day - our loanee Georgiev, who hasn't set the heather alight in every game, had the better of him for most of the afternoon. McDonald at left back had a better game - he gave his opponent less change and was a danger when he bombed forward with Cox.

Not all of our team had good games but they came together in the end. As is becoming the norm, no one on the park deserved a goal more than Ally Love - he covered every blade of 4G and, where other players on good forward runs (Fisher, McBride, Davidson) saw their names in lights and chose to shoot on sight (which is fair enough) Love, at a crucial time in the game, chose a lovely pass to Archibald, for whom I have new-found admiration: he made a few mistakes in the game, which is par for the course, but for such a young guy with no experience to miss a blatant sitter early in the second half and not let his head drop, and then to set up the equaliser, is very impressive. I'm no expert but I think he'll have learned an awful lot from yesterday.

Another good game for our back five - who kept Cadden and Cox frustrated, Lister quiet and Prunty anonymous. It took a wonder-goal to beat them. That half of the team picks itself for the important run-in. I think 10 points from 15 are needed, which means at least a point from the games ahead against celebration mode Ayr and Dunfermline.

That was a 4-4-2 with O'neil at right back and Prunty and Lister up from- that's what everyone has called for. The only other move that would have pleased the fans more would be dropping Fitzpatrick. But it was still awful. I am just calling it a day for the season now.

Same here. Can't wait for the brave new dawn.

Albion rovers player was assaulted by airdrie fans when leaving the ground, sore face, punched and damage to his car, discraceful

from airdrie fans, horrible people

How the f**k do you know he wasn't assaulted he was lucky he didn't

That was a 4-4-2 with O'neil at right back and Prunty and Lister up from- that's what everyone has called for. The only other move that would have pleased the fans more would be dropping Fitzpatrick. But it was still awful. I am just calling it a day for the season now.

Dropping either Faria or Fitzpatrick for Thompson when he returns would be slightly better, but not much more. 

Same here. Won't be back unless we make the play - offs. 

The whole club and the players are going through the motions just waiting for the season to end. Can't come soon enough when we can finally get started on the "3 - year dream".

Archived