Airdrie v Rovers

If we're serious about 4th place then Cupcake is probably right, we should be looking to win the games against the teams below us, but we have it all to do: their bigger budgets and better strength in depth will probably be even more apparent at this stage than it was earlier in the season.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 seperate coaches both cruelly parodied him in a really pathetic, whiny, mincey, tone "I'm getting myself fit and getting away from here".

Your quote touch by madness as per above so it's okay for you to say he was getting treated cruelly but anyone else says something bad about Jimmy your ultra defensive.

Yes. You're right as usual. In the week that a young player that Jimmy Boyle recruited from boys club football, gave a very young debut and sold for money made his international debut, you decide to aim a pathetic tirade against him. Mark my words that Jordan Allan will do similar.

How many Airdrie graduates in the past 40 years have become internationalists?

Next you'll say that he had nothing to do with it just because Donnelly had the wrong attitude?

Honestly think you are a deliberate plant on here just to troll out arguments that dont exist. Either that or you are just so incredibly thick.

Jimmy was good at bringing in young players and bringing them through however as a manager he was poor, results, inconsistent line ups , playing players out of position ,and Tony is only starting to screw the nut now.

Jimmy was good at bringing in young players and bringing them through however as a manager he was poor, results, inconsistent line ups , playing players out of position ,and Tony is only starting to screw the nut now.

In the week that Mark McGhee was scathing about Tony Watt's lack of fitness I'm surprised to hear that he's screwing the nut. Given he's not the first to say this there must be something in it although he does talk about the boys natural ability too so he's not being entirely negative. Sounds like he was trying to put a rocket under his arse.

Yeah this is a shit game. In keeping with the majority of this seasons so far.

In the week that Mark McGhee was scathing about Tony Watt's lack of fitness I'm surprised to hear that he's screwing the nut. Given he's not the first to say this there must be something in it although he does talk about the boys natural ability too so he's not being entirely negative. Sounds like he was trying to put a rocket under his arse.

Yeah this is a shit game. In keeping with the majority of this seasons so far.

Said starting to ? Haha

Really poor game, but we should've been doing better to close the game out at 1-0.

Absolute cop out giving Cox man of the match. Would've given it to Fitzpatrick myself, think he did very well today.

Agreed. Also, I know it's a bit simplistic, but if it wasn't for Fitzy we would have lost today.

It says a lot about the lack of quality in this league that two teams as poor as Airdrie and Albion Rovers still have a shout of going up (stop laughing at the back).  The game could be summed up by a passage of play at the end where Cadden was lazily caught offside, Rovers sent the free kick up the park only for one of their players to be caught offside, and Airdrie sent the resulting free kick from that up the park and pretty much straight out for a goal kick.  It was a flat, frustrating game all round.

Airdrie passed the ball nicely at times, but failed to create much in the way of chances.  We were sloppy at the back - especially Lithgow who was caught in possession three times.  A centre back can't let that happen.  Rover should have scored on the third occasion, and only a very good save from Parry kept them out.  Their goal, when it came, was also the result of sloppy defending by Airdrie.  Apart from losing the ball in the leadup to their goal, I thought O'Neil had a decent game.

Positives?  We didn't lose, and have gained a point on Stranraer.  Our goal difference is significantly better than theirs, so if we beat them next week we'll be ahead of them in fourth with a game in hand.  Which is pretty incredible, really - Airdrie hardly look like a team who deserve to be in the playoffs.  Fitzpatrick's goal was excellent - just as he got the ball I was thinking "He's the last man you want getting the ball there", but credit to him, he hit it just right.
It was also good to see Lennon going with Prunty and Listier up front (albeit neither got much service) and O'Neil in place of Ferguson.  It's what most of our fans have been calling for for a while.  In fact, with the possible exception of Thompson not being there, I think that was about the strongest XI we have at the moment.  A sign, if nothing else, that we'll need some pretty substantial changes if we're to go up next year.

Does anyone know why Scott Stewart wasn't in the squad?  

Decent summary Tulloch. Probably best we avoid the playoffs and stay down. We're not even close to competing with (probably) Livi. And with us going full time next year with mostly young boys, we're as well stayin down - give them half a chance. No disrespect to the Rovers but they have exceeded expectations this year and this is probably about their level.

Archived