Airdrie v Rovers

Absolutely terrible match, both teams played very poorly.

Prunty sadly looks past it and our central midfielders Fitzpatrick(yes it was a cracker of a goal) and Hugo have not been effective in any games I've seen this season.

And we have Hugo signed for aaaages yet :yucky

It's that time of the season where we've to start picking our Players of the Season.

Young Player of the Season Cadden surely...

Player of the Season, even though he's not on the list probably would have to give it to Liam Watt.

Liked Watt, always gave 100% and scored 6 goals from midfield.

Even if he was wanting away deserved his place more than the two dumplings in midfield.

I'd go:-

Cadden YPOTY

Cox POTY

However it really is slim pickings...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watt for player of the year would certainly be one in the eye for the Chairman who spoke disparagingly about him the other night.

I disagree with a lot of posters about Faria. I suppose it depends what you look for in a player. If you are looking for mazy dribblers and brilliant passes, forget him. He is an out and out destroyer who stops opposition attacks developing. Just look at the improvement in our defence since he came. Every team needs someone like him. The problem we have is that Fitzpatrick is doing exactly the same thing which leaves us with virtually no attack.

Guest LonglivetheKING

Watt for player of the year would certainly be one in the eye for the Chairman who spoke disparagingly about him the other night.

I disagree with a lot of posters about Faria. I suppose it depends what you look for in a player. If you are looking for mazy dribblers and brilliant passes, forget him. He is an out and out destroyer who stops opposition attacks developing. Just look at the improvement in our defence since he came. Every team needs someone like him. The problem we have is that Fitzpatrick is doing exactly the same thing which leaves us with virtually no attack.

You sound just like touched by madness. Are you and him the same poster?

Guest LonglivetheKING

No. He would be quick to point out that we say nasty things about each other frequently. He was very abusive to me recently. Doesn't necessarily make him a bad person.

You and tbm were as bad as each other but but they said some very pertinent points about Friar and you have repeated their post verbatim. I'd swear you and touch bymadness are the same person.

Ally Love's P&B debut is going well.

I'd go:-

Cadden YPOTY
Cox POTY

However it really is slim pickings...

Was discussing this at the game - it really is a sad state of affairs that there's no outstanding candidate at all. I probably would vote Watt but will he even be on the shortlist? Parry has stopped us losing some games with some outstanding saves (see Saturday). I think it will be Cox though. Cadden shoe - in for YPOTY and a well deserved award it will be too. 

Only really interested to see who will get in the Hall of Fame.

No. He would be quick to point out that we say nasty things about each other frequently. He was very abusive to me recently. Doesn't necessarily make him a bad person.

😂

I am bad. I put on a ridiculous post last week and made both an arse of myself and lost a good friend because of it.

Dreadful from Airdrie at their goal. Sloppy all round. Video starts with Rovers transitioning to attack down our right. O'Neill is out of position so Faria covers for him. Ball comes inside, Love blocks an interception from Lithgow, midfielder switches play out to their right winger. He has loads of time to hold up play and hook in a left footed cross. Love has made his way into our box tracked by Fitzpatrick. Crighton is clearly handing Love off to Fitzpatrick. O'Neill and Faria are in decent positions to press the oncoming midfielders. Lithgow is slowly getting back. When the ball is whipped in Love is clearly onside.

For whatever reason Crighton took up a poor position and makes a very awkward hack at the cross right footed when his left would seem more natural. But incredibly Fitz doesn't open his stance and loses Love. Instead his only contribution is to stick his hand up. He has no idea where Love was as he turned his back and left us exposed again.

Hope neither of the 3 stooges are here next season.

Disagree completely, his passing, both long and short are atrocious, he has no pace, can't tackle at all and presses horribly, exposing his weak side all the time. Add to that he is even worse going forward. He is so, so bad.

I'm not sure, I'm just saying he's not CLEARLY onside. The rule is if any part of your body you can score with is off, then you're offside. Looks like he's leaning towards goal to me. Obviously that shot is at an angle though, so it's inconclusive. Can't say I thought it was off at the time.

Archived