Mixu madness

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to start a brand new one for the start of next season. In the meantime i'm not able to frequent P&B as much as i'd like and enough to do the head decapitations justice.

Thank you Zen.

That's Zens life fucked now.

How many professional environments do you know of where someone has to take dogs abuse for 90mins and has next to no comeback?

The use of the word "professional", when it comes to football, should be limited to the fact that they get paid. Very little else about it is professional in the slightest.

Most jobs force you to be nice to a-holes for 8 hours a day. Call centres are often awful. So there are plenty jobs where you are compelled to take sh-t for much less money too.

Where has anyone said that?  :blink:

To be fair, it does seem to be the go-to phrase used in these situations in the media etc.  Right up there with "if you did that in the street you'd be arrested" in the ridiculous stakes.

I couldn't give a f**k what he's done tbh - if he dropped his 46" breeks and gave me the helicopter I'd be unmoved.

rightly or wrongly we live in a sanitised world that gesture has no place in a professional environment and for someone in a position of responsibility is a minter.

Thankfully not even deluded Arab bairns can hold up that fat mess as a role model surely?!

Does anyone really hold anyone in football as a "role model"?  It's always rolled out whenever anyone does anything bad, but if someone is holding pretty much anyone involved in football as a role model, then they're probably not very bright.  "When I grow up, I want to be just like Mixu..."

To be fair, it does seem to be the go-to phrase used in these situations in the media etc. Right up there with "if you did that in the street you'd be arrested" in the ridiculous stakes.

Does anyone really hold anyone in football as a "role model"? It's always rolled out whenever anyone does anything bad, but if someone is holding pretty much anyone involved in football as a role model, then they're probably not very bright. "When I grow up, I want to be just like Mixu..."

Are you telling me kids don't idolise footballers?

Should your average 5-12 year old vet potential role models using some sort of criteria to avoid being labelled "not very bright?"

Almost every Arab of my sons age last season idolised Nadir Ciftci.

My son switched to goalkeeper after seeing Scott Bain become our first choice and perform well.

People in football are undoubtedly role models for children - to suggest otherwise is nonsense.

Now, what footballers do off the pitch is IMO their own business, but when they are wearing club colours and representing that club they should attempt to be on their best behaviour or be punished.

I spent most of my late teens/early 20's popping pills, snorting lines and shagging nines. Come working hours though I wound it in and acted professionally - not because a load of kids held me as a role model working in the B&Q Garden centre, but because I was representing the company that paid my wages. I even wore an orange and black uniform FFS.

If I rocked up in my dancing gear, started firing into the customers on OAP Wednesday and snorted a line off Edna's droopy tits in aisle 3 I'd expect to be punished.

6 month ban from the game please.

Also, Deila should be charged with the GIRUY he gives to the Celtic fans at the end of games. Surprised they haven't complained yet, when everything else offends them.

It's always about the Celtic :lol:

As a proud dee , I feel a have to make my point regarding mixus disciplinary hearing regarding his antics at the end of the Derby . Although I was bitterly disappointed with the dabs grabbing an equaliser , I think it would be a travesty for scottish football If he was punished for this. A man under huge pressure sees his team grab a dramatic equaliser and decides to give it some back. .. no problem with that whatsoever..part and parcel as I'm concerned and think 99 percent of dees would agree .. thoughts please

Spot on. Good post.

Like you say, he is under pressure, it's a derby game & it had a dramatic ending in favour of his team. He had the Dundee fans giving him it tight & he gave it back.

Football fans are too fickle. Happy to shout all sorts of abuse but moan when they get it back. The SFA should've let it slide!

Archived