Forfar v Peterhead 2.4.16

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair it wasn't exactly a second string line up. 3 of the back 4 would be considered first choice along with the goalie. Redman, Riley and Sutherland are also regular starters and Lawrence has started a couple of games since he came back from loan in place of Ferry who I believe is out injured. McIntosh is also one of the leagues top scorers, even if he hasn't started many games lately. Arguably those were changes that could have been made after such a poor display against Cowden from out 'stronger' players last week.

To be fair it wasn't exactly a second string line up. 3 of the back 4 would be considered first choice along with the goalie. Redman, Riley and Sutherland are also regular starters and Lawrence has started a couple of games since he came back from loan in place of Ferry who I believe is out injured. McIntosh is also one of the leagues top scorers, even if he hasn't started many games lately. Arguably those were changes that could have been made after such a poor display against Cowden from out 'stronger' players last week.

And all the others will step back in for the cup final, no questions asked,  despite such a poor display against Cowden. 

Football is fickle !   8)

McAllister, Rogers, Brown and perhaps Ferry, Dzierzawski, Ross, Gilchrist........Take your pick . Most of this bunch convincingly hammered us at Balmoor.

Brown, Dzierzawski, Rogers have all been on the bench recently.

Ross, Gilchrist, Ferry are all injured

so pretty much McAllister was the only one that you would class as an automatic starter that was on the bench.

Brown, Dzierzawski, Rogers have all been on the bench recently.

Ross, Gilchrist, Ferry are all injured

so pretty much McAllister was the only one that you would class as an automatic starter that was on the bench.

Before Sataurday Dzierzawski started 4 of the last 5 games, apart from that you are spot on. Although we have a small squad so most of the players on Saturday have had a run of games which is why I was saying it wasn't really a second string as such. But I think Hedge is right - if they are fit Ross, Gilchrist and Ferry will probably start the final along with Mcallister.

Before Sataurday Dzierzawski started 4 of the last 5 games, apart from that you are spot on. Although we have a small squad so most of the players on Saturday have had a run of games which is why I was saying it wasn't really a second string as such. But I think Hedge is right - if they are fit Ross, Gilchrist and Ferry will probably start the final along with Mcallister.

Kevin was a sub the week before so you would have to think that either he is carrying an injury or has been dropped for form reasons. Regardless all points that I made were correct.

Specifically on Ross, I asked him yesterday if he was going to be fit for next week and I got a gesture that would suggest he is 50/50.

Neither Ferry nor Gilchrist were even in the squad yesterday.

Kevin was a sub the week before so you would have to think that either he is carrying an injury or has been dropped for form reasons. Regardless all points that I made were correct.

Specifically on Ross, I asked him yesterday if he was going to be fit for next week and I got a gesture that would suggest he is 50/50.

Neither Ferry nor Gilchrist were even in the squad yesterday.

Aye I saw they weren't included yesterday, but the point being made was that they would probably be in the first 11 for the final if they are fit. Whether they would have played yesterday if fit we can't answer as as you pointed out they are injured.

I hope Ross is fit as I  think we will need him -  we need at least one CB on the pitch! Was Gilchrist injured? He played the whole game against Cowden so I imagine it was something in training? I haven't seen anything about Ferry either, although I saw him after the Cowden game and he was walking with a slight limp, hoping he is back in for Sunday.

I hope Ross is fit as I  think we will need him -  we need at least one CB on the pitch! Was Gilchrist injured? He played the whole game against Cowden so I imagine it was something in training? I haven't seen anything about Ferry either, although I saw him after the Cowden game and he was walking with a slight limp, hoping he is back in for Sunday.

All rested,if any brechin fan is reading this......injured

Aye I saw they weren't included yesterday, but the point being made was that they would probably be in the first 11 for the final if they are fit. Whether they would have played yesterday if fit we can't answer as as you pointed out they are injured.

Ferry must have been injured yesterday from the game against us McInally was going on about it in the interview after the Cowden game,

The reason Gilchrist wasn't playing is that he has a hernia problem which will probably need an operation and although he played last week, he wasn't going to be risked on a plastic surface. After last weeks poor performance against Cowdenbeath, I would suggest that the players mentioned apart from McAllister, were dropped rather than rested.

The reason Gilchrist wasn't playing is that he has a hernia problem which will probably need an operation and although he played last week, he wasn't going to be risked on a plastic surface. After last weeks poor performance against Cowdenbeath, I would suggest that the players mentioned apart from McAllister, were dropped rather than rested.

Believe me, it made no difference...

Archived