Best 'Scenes' At The Football

BinoBalls

One thing I love most about football is watching the crowd wildly celebrating some important or spectacular goal.  It's one thing we Scots / Brits do especially well.

What makes the best scenes?  Last gasp winners, title-clinching goals, relegation-avoiding belters, local derby games.  Scoring twice in quick succession also generates a rare scene as everyone is still manic from the previous goal.

Best Scenes You've Been Involved In

• Coming from behind with two quickfire goals late in the game to beat Morton 2-1 when we were both going for the title about 9 years back.  Snodgrass had equalised about 80 mins in, then 2 mins later Colin Cramb fired home.  Cue scenes.  We finished 2nd in the end but that was some game.

Best Scenes You've Seen From Opposition

• Rather a lot to choose from but I'll go for Partick Thistle at ours in the old First Division.  It was a relegation clash in November and Thistle were in deep financial trouble at the time.  They were 2-0 down and down to 9 men since the 40th minute.  They scored on 75 then got an injury time pen, which they scored on the rebound.  Their stand exploded and I felt ill for about 2 months.

Best Scenes On TV

• I'd probably go for Jimmy Glass (goalkeeper) scoring the goal that kept Carlisle in the football league.
  • Also Troy Deeney's last-minute thunderbolt straight after a penalty save at the other end, to send Watford to Wembley.  From despair to joy to even more joy inside 30 seconds.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool in Istanbul was best turnaround of a football match I've ever watched. Carragher in extra time could hardly walk yet just flew into everything that moved. Incredible scenes.

Liverpool in Istanbul was best turnaround of a football match I've ever watched. Carragher in extra time could hardly walk yet just flew into everything that moved. Incredible scenes.

Close the thread ... :D

Cardiff v Swansea in April 2010, Cardiff beat them at home for the first time in about 10 years with Chopra scoring the winner in the 92nd minute. About 45 minutes after the game there were still thousands in the home end, refusing to leave because the Swansea fans were being held back until the home end and the stadium surrounds had been cleared. Tremendous weekend of drinking there.

• Rory Boulding scoring in the 93rd minute against Aberdeen to put us in the top six. Absoulte scenes. It turned out to be a vary important goal as United may have gone into admin if we finished in the bottom six.
  • Ross County away in the cup, 2-1 down and down to ten men. We thought it was over, but the Henri Anier and Billy McKay thought differently.
  • Nadir Ciftci scoring at Ibrox was pretty special as well. Celebrating before he put the ball in the net.

• Probably losing to Saints in the Scottish Cup, we were the favourites, we had Gauld and Robertson and two sloppy goals were the difference in what was a poor match. 

Best Scenes On TV

• I'd probably go for Jason Scotland sparking a comeback for Hamilton in the play-off final and in the process relegating Hibs. P and B was mental after that happened.
  • Liverpool in Istanbul was absolutely amazing, when they were 3-0 down at half time I went upstairs and put on my Liverpool kit and argued with my parents to keep the game on the TV, they were wanting to put some BBC shite on. I'm glad that they didn't.

• Stevie May scoring his second against Aberdeen at Ibrox, grown men burst into tears simulataneously. 
  • The equalizing goal in the 3-3 against Gretna in the first game at Mcdiarmid between both teams
  • Scobbies winning penalty against Luzern 
  • Macleans cup winning goal 
  • Steven Fletcher v Poland 

• Dundee scoring a last minute winner against us at dens, the Derry almost exploded. 
  • Aberdeen fans when they scored their 4th At tynecastle. 

Best Scenes On TV

• Jason Scotland v Hibs
  • Jamie Vardy's goal v Liverpool 
  • Birmingham v Arsenal Carling Cup final 
  • Liverpool v AC Milan champions league final 

Liverpool in Istanbul was absolutely amazing, when they were 3-0 down at half time I went upsairs and put on my Liverpool kit and argued with my parents to keep the game on the TV, they were wanting to put some BBC shite on. I'm glad that they didn't.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• 2015 Scottish Cup final  from despair when Tremarco went off and Falkirk equalised, we were holding on by skin of teeth and then Vincent decided to make a run to the opposite box and pick up the spillage from Watkins shot, brilliant scenes

• Alba cup final (2009 or 2010) where we were 2-0 up and absolutely fucked it. some thumbalike destroyed us and everyone's favourite arsehole Imrie got sent off mins after coming back on
  • League cup final 2014 - penalties to lose a cup final to Aberdeen. Sair yin

Best Scenes On TV

• Man Utd champs league final 2-1, what a turnaround in the dying mins
  • Liverpool Champs league final - again what a turnaround
  • Caley Vs Celtic Scottish cup semi 2014 - from the hand of Josh to Gordon going off what a game (and I was on a stag in Dublin watching it)

Best #scenes involved in -

Cowdenbeath away when we won the play offs. Down and out until a 90th minute equaliser and a 120th minute winner. Absolutely covered every inch of the away terracing sprinting about bodies everywhere. Celtic Parks last minute equaliser the best for Arbroath though. Few decent YT videos of it this being the best.

For Scotland the last minute winner against Luxembourg was just unreal, even more unreal than the winner v France for me.

Opposition #scenes - Can't really think tbh there's been some to pick from but none jumping out at the moment. The away end at the Dundee Derby game early in the season was proper #scenes after McPakes goal.

TV wise - Hibs v Hamilton jumps out, as does Well v Sevco and of course City's league win and Liverpools Champions League win.

Best #scenes involved in -

Cowdenbeath away when we won the play offs. Down and out until a 90th minute equaliser and a 120th minute winner. Absolutely covered every inch of the away terracing sprinting about bodies everywhere. Celtic Parks last minute equaliser the best for Arbroath though. Few decent YT videos of it this being the best.

For Scotland the last minute winner against Luxembourg was just unreal, even more unreal than the winner v France for me.

Opposition #scenes - Can't really think tbh there's been some to pick from but none jumping out at the moment. The away end at the Dundee Derby game early in the season was proper #scenes after McPakes goal.

TV wise - Hibs v Hamilton jumps out, as does Well v Sevco and of course City's league win and Liverpools Champions League win.

Was the last minute winner not against Lichtenstein?

Was the last minute winner not against Lichtenstein?

Aye apologies, you're correct!! Big Steve McManus, I'm sure I was moaning like mad before the corner too because it was Robson on it and an out swinger and I cannot stand out swinging crosses/corners... :lol:

The stadium was a third full and most people had made their way up to the top/on the stairs, everybody just started sprinting about, was surreal.

Aberdeen v Bayern Munich - Cup Winners Cup Quarter Final at Pittodrie on Wed 16 March 1983.

Incredible scenes when the Dons third goal by John Hewitt went in. First, and only, time I saw my Dad, then in his sixties, dancing on a seat at Pittodrie (along with several thousand other delirious fans).

Best scenes been involved in;

- The second goal and full time against Celtic.

- going 2-1 up at Ibrox in the CIS cup. That particular joy didn't last long though as Rangers (RIP) went straight up the park and equalised.

- Partick Thistle away when they were going for the league and we were fighting relegation and we beat them 1-0. Jonny Tuffey completely missed a back pass and the ball rolled in. The remaining half an hour he was a nervous wreck. Also Thistle away when they got relegated to the second division was brilliant.

- Morton away losing 1-0 in injury time and coming back to win 2-1. Absolutely hopeless performance made it even sweeter.

- Gérard Pique's OG to make it 2-2 against the world champions

- Caldwell v France

- Lee McCulloch making it 2-0 after 9 mins v Ukraine

Was at the McManus Leitchenstein game but didn't think the celebrations were that much. Just huge sighs of relief throughout the ground at beating the minnows.

Opposition scenes;

- Wales when they went 2-1 up at Hampden.

- Poland when they equalised in injury time.

- East Fife fans after they beat us on pens in the play offs. Pitch invasion then they lost the final and got relegated :lol:

- Accies when they won the league at home to us at NDP. Fair to say the majority of our fans myself included were #seething that day.

- ICT (and Partick Thistle :lol:) when they beat us at Broadwood to go a point ahead of us with 1 game left and of course they went on to win the league. Still hurts to this day when you see the different direction both clubs have went in since that day.

On TV there's nothing much I can add to what's already been mentioned. Wigan went pretty ballistic when they scored a last min winner against Man City in the FA cup final. Likewise Spain when Iniesta scored against Holland in WC final.

• Steven McGarry netting goal of the season to make it 3-3 in inury time ater being 3-0 down Vs Caley in Inverness
  • Alex Bone making it 2-2 against the old Rangers.
  • Colin McMenamin equalising in the 96th minute Vs Falkirk on Boxing Day.
  • Scotland making it 2-2 against Spain at Hampden Park and going laldy in the away end
  • Alex Schalk scoring the winner in the League Cup Final Vs Hibs
  • Wolfie's last minute winner Vs Celtic after being 2-0 down.

• Smelly Caley making it 3-3 in injury time after we went 3-2 up in injury time. 
  • Gretna scoring a late winner to clinch promotion as they relegated us.

Best Scenes On TV

• Man United in 1999
  • Germany 7-1 vs Brazil
  • Iniesta's last minute volley to knock Chelsea out of the Champions League.

Archived