St Mirren v Greenock Morton Championship 16/4/16

Don't get me wrong: of course I'd still love to finish above Morton, and I'd love to extend the unbeaten record into the 2016/17 season. 

However, I'm with Lex: quite happy for Morton to have their big ("glorious", I believe, was d ( . Y . ) b's choice of phrase) season when we are truly terrible.

I'm also happy to concede that Morton have been better than us this season, are going to be worthy winners of the Fifth Place Trophy. I hope they enjoy their parade.

Game prediction: 0-1 Morton. Probably McMullan, if the weather's decent and he doesn't feel too cold.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the big-money dodgy Asian betting syndicates are all over the outcome of a relatively meaningless (beyond local bragging rights) end-of-season Renfrewshire derby in which Saints are likely to start the match as very slight favourites.

I was at Ralston today doing some interviews for Uni work with the 1st team squad

I hope the Thommohawk scores the winner in this one, second time I've met him in a few weeks, top bantz merchant and a lovely guy  :wub:

Although to be fair the whole squad were sound, it's going to make our impending defeat to you in a few weeks less painful.

Aye you put your dole money on the Midden -5 then, tadger

I don't really bet to be honest.

Pity that some of your squads in the last 10 years couldn't say the same.  I would be gutted turning up to watch my club every week and not knowing if the players were actively trying to lose (although it has felt like that watching Killie over the last few years).

ETA - Why do Morton fans just accept this from their players?

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.  :lol:

We're not the ones currently trying to tell anyone who'd listen how not bothered you are about having a complete and utter abortion of a campaign. You're fooling absolutely no-one though.

I was at Ralston today doing some interviews for Uni work with the 1st team squad

I hope the Thommohawk scores the winner in this one, second time I've met him in a few weeks, top bantz merchant and a lovely guy  :wub:

Although to be fair the whole squad were sound, it's going to make our impending defeat to you in a few weeks less painful.

Hmm. While Thommo is a legend, there is a strong suspicion that his propensity to be a 'bantz merchant' has become something of a negative influence in the dressing room.

He'd rather stand about chatting than warm up properly and set a good, professional example to the younger players.

I'm glad you were made to feel welcome at our club, though - our Uni links are good, and the excellent St Mirren radio is run by students (not sure if the same uni as you).

Hmm. While Thommo is a legend, there is a strong suspicion that his propensity to be a 'bantz merchant' has become something of a negative influence in the dressing room.

He'd rather stand about chatting than warm up properly and set a good, professional example to the younger players.

I'm glad you were made to feel welcome at our club, though - our Uni links are good, and the excellent St Mirren radio is run by students (not sure if the same uni as you).

Aye that's my Uni. I can understand if he's a wee bit of a pain if you're trying to get something serious across, or just not in the mood for it. We all have guys like that at work who some days we can't be doing with! But he must be great for the young players and new signings. Christ we were just students doing interviews and he made us all feel welcome and at home.

He was the same when we were up at the BBC a few weeks back off camera. Made a load of wee jokes when Sportscene was showing the highlights of the game and we were in the studio.

Lewis Morgan and Stevie Mallan were top guys as well. The latter must've done about 5 interviews and didn't grumble or try and nip off once! Not even when a Morton fan in my class asked him where he was going at the end of the season! (He gave the traditional don't know, happy here kind of answer FWIW)

Hashtag great bunch of lads

Archived