Hibs v Falkirk

Couldn't be more in control until Oxley gets lobbed again. Signing him on a permanent deal looks like one of the worst managerial decisions in my time watching Hibs.

Not only signing him, but letting go of the brilliant Tomas Cerny in the process - great business, Stubbsy.

Cheers, btw.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't be more in control until Oxley gets lobbed again. Signing him on a permanent deal looks like one of the worst managerial decisions in my time watching Hibs.

To be fair, it's not like you had any other quality keepers on your books when you handed Oxley his deal. You know, someone like Tam Cerny...

Can anyone remember who first used the term hibsing it? Was it on Pie and Bovril?(or maybe Kickback)

Hibs have been a joke for a while but I think the first proper use of Hibsed It  on P&B was this

Got to laugh at everyone saying we bottled it, 'Hibsed' it etc. It's our first defeat of 2015 ffs, it was going to happen sometime :lol:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/221526-hibernian-v-rangers/page-22#entry9320435

In response to this which is close but not quite there

They've Hibsed it up.

I have searched for Hibsed, Hibs'd Hibsing in the Accies playoff thread so if it was a thing before that and not brought up I would be very surprised. In fact in that Rangers vs Hibs thread someone used Hibsed in a positive way so clearly was not a known pejorative.

McCall just trolled Hibs, using Stubbs' 3-5-2 from our away games against Rangers.

Rangers looked thoroughly prepared to play against our side and completely Hibsed us in their approach.

Archived