Hibs v Falkirk

As a neutral at the match last night the Hibs fans near me shouted for every decision imaginable and even after seeing Falkirk going downto 10 men and getting one of the softest penalties I have ever seen they were still calling the Ref a cheat as if they were in some way hard done by!!!

I loved Peter Houston's after match comment ................ " that was the softest penalty since the last one atthe FFS".

Despite holding the strongest winning hand with 4 mins to go they couldnt cope with Falkirk's energy and desire to get a point.

Alan Stubbs has been heralded as a great managerial success - the fact isthat his two cup runs have saved his job as without them I cant think that a distant thirdplace in this second tier would be anywhere near good enough.

As a neutral at the match also I couldn't agree more. They were screaming more at the refs than the poor play by Hibs players.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found Stubbs sub changes difficult to understand as well. What was the point subbing Bartley and McGinn and bringing on two midfield players when the match with ten mins left was totally bypassing the midfield. Falkirk's 10 men were just pumping the ball long into the box. Why not 5-4-1. Take off Stokes play Cummings up front himself. Put Bartley to give aerial height into a back 5 put Henderson or Thomson in midfield.

We played well for 85 minutes. Not great but not as bad as some "neutrals" are claiming on here. We played some decent football at times and exploited the fact Falkirk couldn't deal with balls over the top. When Falkirk wanted to go in to tackles hard we matched that. If we play like that on Saturday then I'm confident we will be in the Scottish cup final.

Just had a look at the BBC footage.

Didn't think Muirhead's 2nd challenge was a booking although the 1st obviously was. Also it was never a penalty. The ref signaled that McCracken had both arms around the Hibs player which just wasn't true.

Just watched the highlights. I'm going to assume Muirhead's second booking was due to persistent fouling. I am in a state of shock at the penalty award.

Although it wasn't a penalty it was more a pen than the 1 they got at Westfield.

Can't wait to get all these evened out.

We played well for 85 minutes. Not great but not as bad as some "neutrals" are claiming on here. We played some decent football at times and exploited the fact Falkirk couldn't deal with balls over the top. When Falkirk wanted to go in to tackles hard we matched that. If we play like that on Saturday then I'm confident we will be in the Scottish cup final.

Sorry beg to differ about playing well for 85 mins. I'll agree that with Falkirks usual CBs out at times you would put the ball over the top but why not test them with playing passes. Over the top balls can be more easily defended. Very few over 90 mins were successful as the way Hibs got their two goals helps to confirm. Apart from a few Falkirk did deal with the ball over the top. How many were over the top did Stokes get on ? Hibs have got players who are good passers of the ball so use their strength and keep possession.

I found Stubbs sub changes difficult to understand as well. What was the point subbing Bartley and McGinn and bringing on two midfield players when the match with ten mins left was totally bypassing the midfield. Falkirk's 10 men were just pumping the ball long into the box. Why not 5-4-1. Take off Stokes play Cummings up front himself. Put Bartley to give aerial height into a back 5 put Henderson or Thomson in midfield.

Bartley was subbed before he was sent off, at least Stubbs or his management team seen that and know they dodged a bullet with his third foul. McGinn was ineffective and also on a booking, we were getting a lot of success down the right.

It was clear to see that there isn't a leader out there or a team spirit, Hibs were shitting it even at 2-0 up against 10 men.

Nothing is won yet at all but its advantage us, Hibs v Rangers next week then we will know what's required in our remaining games. On Hibs current form, we may already have enough points....!

Archived