Sons v Rovers

Game of two half's for us. was confident after the first half we could take something from the game, second half, well least said the better.Raith came out traps quick in the second and generally upped their game. Pretty much got ourselves to blame although losing Nade will be more concerning than the result if he has done his hamstring.

Will need to watch Connelly's goal again on the tv, looked like a goal of the season contender.

Credit to the Raith fans who 

1) Turned up

2) Made a decent noise

Easy game to stay at home and watch on the TV.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 turning points in the game.

The first one was Nade's injury. Hopefully it'll heal because we're a different team without him. We didn't have an out ball and nobody to fight for possession up front. In the first half we were reasonably successful at challenging for those balls forward. 2nd half Raith were picking up easy possession. The difference was night and day and we simply couldn't get any kind of possession in the Raith half in the second 45.

The 2nd one was the 2nd goal. We looked really ragged in the 2nd half. If we could have got a bit longer after Raith levelled then we could have tried to settle things down but the second goal robbed us of that. We were under a lot of pressure and Raith were forcing us to make a lot of mistakes. From then on in we were chasing a bit of a lost cause without our major goal threat. It was a great finish. I initially thought Ewings could have done a bit better to at least try to go for it as it looked like he was on his heels rather than his toes, but folk who have seen the TV replay reckon it was just a really vicious swerve that totally took him out of it.

First half we were competing. We were good value for our lead and we had reasons to be positive.

Second half it was all Raith for the majority of it, forcing us into mistake after mistake. The first and 3rd goals weren't great from our point of view. For the 3rd I think it was 4 touches from Ewings clearing the ball to Raith winning it, playing it forward, getting the nice turn to open up the chance and placing a very nice shot beyond the keeper.

We're still 5 points clear with 9 to play for. We need to get something from next week's game. Thankfully I don't see Livi winning all 3 games, but it could still go down to the game against Alloa so some kind of result next week is an absolute must.

Depends how severe it is to be fair, but certainly on first viewing I fear you're right.

On the positive side he should be back for the Playoffs :(

Don't remember seeing anyone recover in under 4 weeks.

He will be back mid May I'd say at the earliest

Yip nade a big blow . Looks a sore one.

I though we did well enough in first half but thought defence dropped deep in second half and pressure on to midfield to pick up raith pushing forward .

Gave Raith too much space and went pack to our 2 yard give away passes.

Rescue attempt in last five almost papered the cracks.

Fleming was super in first half but not effective st all in second.

I still think McCallum has something to offer over Cawley and heff

Thought gallacher did ok today

Can't see anderson starting an other game for rovers again we have to many better options for midfield.

Is Anderson the fella that some Sons fans on here are looking for us to go for in the summer?

Yup. Punt him in our direction please, Sonic. He was poor today, but he's the sort of direct winger we've been crying out for all season.

Is Anderson the fella that some Sons fans on here are looking for us to go for in the summer?

He would be a good option if he is. Up until this season he has been a decent player for the Rovers, just this year we have better options in midfield.

Tonight was entirely typical of our season, we keep things tight for so long before the wheels fall off with a vengeance.  Raith really hadn't done anything too special in the first half, but I could not believe our shambolic error-strewn mess of the opening 15 minutes of the second period, and Rovers cashed in - fair play to them.

I really feel for Nade as the guy was obviously enjoying his football, and he won't feature again this season.

They've been crawling all over our thread the last week telling us how its all over. Don't think anyone's bought it.

I think you're right. I certainly haven't bought it. A couple of huge games for us coming up, and given the permutations, we NEED to take something to make sure.

I'd rather not go to Alloa needing a result to maintain our championship status.

Dumbartons biggest concern should be what size Nade will be after a month of no running.

Maybe you should wire his jaw shut

He came to us having not played football for a month and was pretty much on the pace straight away, granted he had trained with Accies, but I'm not really concerned about that in the slightest. Having met him on Tuesday night I can confirm he's about as far from 'fat' as you can get. He's just an absolute unit.

Archived