League One Team And Manager of The Year

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJ transformed the Pars, turned us into a side that scores loads of goals and hardly ever loses. We won the league at an absolute canter. However, pub team fans are likely to just dismiss his achievements and say it's just money and nothing else.

As if by magic two pub team fans come in saying exactly that  :lol:

Manager: Johnstone (Dunfermline)

Keeper: Murdoch (Dunfermline)

Right Back: Devlin (Ayr)

Centre Back: Richards-Everton (Dunfermline)

Centre Back: Robertson (Stranraer)

Left Back: Talbot (Dunfermline)

Right Wing: Paton (Dunfermline)

Centre Mid: Geggan (Dunfermline)

Centre Mid: Falkingham (Dunfermline)

Left Wing: Cardle (Dunfermline)

Striker: El Bakhtaoui (Dunfermline)

Striker McAllister (Peterhead)

Massively dominated by Dunfermline, but so was the league. Considered putting Docherty but I think Falkingham has been better than him this season.

Honourable mentions to: Boyle (Ayr), Docherty (Ayr), Spence (Cowdenbeath), Moffat (Dunfermline), Reid (Dunfermline), Ferry (Peterhead), Sutherland (Peterhead).

Manager of the year is McInally or Young. Player will be between Fais and McAllister.

No idea about team of the year. Loads of folk were saying that BRE is a bombs are but now he's getting in to most team of the year nominations. Odd.

I don't get all the raving about Dean Brett, any time I've watched him he's not been any better than others in his position in this league. Just my opinion though. Making my picks on who's played best when i've watched them.

Murdoch

Devlin McAusland BRE Boyle

Love Docherty Geggan Cardle

El Bakhtaoui McAllister

Subs: McGurn, Dunlop, Talbot, Ferry, Falkingham, Sutherland, Moffat

Not seen a better right back play against Ayr and Devlins form pre injury just gets him the right back slot. McAusland is still the best centre back there has been in this league and that gets him in my team alongside BRE who McAusland helped a lot. Prefer Boyle as a left back to Talbot, however they are pretty similar. Love has had a great season and deserves recognition in the TOTY. Doc and Geggan are the 2 outstanding centre mids and Cardle has been in fine form. Strikers are the top 2 in the division, however Shane Sutherland is unlucky not to be in there, looks a good find for Peterhead.
You may not rate Dean Brett and that's fine, when you have seen him he was poor in your eyes.

Similarly I have seen Ayr twice at ours and don't really rate anyone in the Ayr team. In fact based on 2visits from everyone apart from stenny still 1 to go I would say Ayr the worst team in the league.

It's not being bitter towards Ayr, just shows how we only see snap shots of the season and think we are experts.

An Ayr fan who only goes to home games probably thinks we are the worst team in the league.

You may not rate Dean Brett and that's fine, when you have seen him he was poor in your eyes.

Similarly I have seen Ayr twice at ours and don't really rate anyone in the Ayr team. In fact based on 2visits from everyone apart from stenny still 1 to go I would say Ayr the worst team in the league.

It's not being bitter towards Ayr, just shows how we only see snap shots of the season and think we are experts.

An Ayr fan who only goes to home games probably thinks we are the worst team in the league.

It is all about opinions, I don't think you will see many, if any, similar teams from the views of fans.

For instance, a Stranraer fan is saying Willie Gibson is the best right winger in the league  :lol:

Ross- only marginally though

I'd be probably be swaying this way myself, but after Mick's goal last weekend all is to play for. My POTY may depend on which Dunlop is better this afternoon.

No idea about team of the year. Loads of folk were saying that BRE is a bombs are but now he's getting in to most team of the year nominations. Odd.

He's the type of defender that does well at this level IMO, big strong physical guy, but he doesn't seem to be able to do much with the ball at his feet, but again you don't particularly need that in this league to be a good defender.

Next season will be a test for him with regards to that and who will partner him.

Manager of the year is McInally or Young. Player will be between Fais and McAllister.

He is a bombscare, but he's not went off this season, thankfully.

He's the type of defender that does well at this level IMO, big strong physical guy, but he doesn't seem to be able to do much with the ball at his feet, but again you don't particularly need that in this league to be a good defender.

Next season will be a test for him with regards to that and who will partner him.

Not quite tbh. Not like the championship is renowned for total football centre backs, I don't think anywhere in Scotland is, unless we're looking for the top end of the premier we really don't need a ball playing centreback. Distribution isn't an issue at all.

His "off the ball" defending is my biggest worry, tracking runners and holding a line with his centreback will be the biggest worry.

Archived