P&B decides the best way to scramble an egg

Best way to scramble an egg  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hob is better but much slower and more washing up.

Microwave is my preferred method.

Three eggs, in a bowl. Whisk, add wee bit milk.

1 min.

Whisk.

30secs

Whisk

30 secs

Whisk

Ready? If not another 20-30 secs.

One bowl to wash up.

Boom!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would be as well to follow the following recipe. Scrambled eggs are, as others have said, a waste of good eggs. Improving shitty dried eggs by turning the to scrambled is all good though.

1 cup dried whole eggs

2 tablespoons dry milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cup water

Place all ingredinets into a 4 cup Pyrex glass measuring cup (or similar). Beat mixture for 3 minutes or until completely dissolved and frothy. (I use my immersion blender. And when I say beat I really do mean it. You are NOT mixing to combine. You are beating the eggs until they are all of the way dissloved and the are NO lumps. Then you are beating some more. By beating the egg mixture for a few minutes you are incorporating air into the eggs, this help the texture turn out right). Add 1 Tablespoon cooking oil to a large skillet. Over medium heat heat oil. Add the egg mixture to the hot oil. Cook eggs using medium low heat, stiring continuously until dry and crumbly.

Waste of a good egg? Is there a war on?

:lol:

You would be as well to follow the following recipe. Scrambled eggs are, as others have said, a waste of good eggs. Improving shitty dried eggs by turning the to scrambled is all good though.

1 cup dried whole eggs

2 tablespoons dry milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cup water

Place all ingredinets into a 4 cup Pyrex glass measuring cup (or similar). Beat mixture for 3 minutes or until completely dissolved and frothy. (I use my immersion blender. And when I say beat I really do mean it. You are NOT mixing to combine. You are beating the eggs until they are all of the way dissloved and the are NO lumps. Then you are beating some more. By beating the egg mixture for a few minutes you are incorporating air into the eggs, this help the texture turn out right). Add 1 Tablespoon cooking oil to a large skillet. Over medium heat heat oil. Add the egg mixture to the hot oil. Cook eggs using medium low heat, stiring continuously until dry and crumbly.

If that's supposed to be a recipe for scrambled eggs then you don't know what scrambled eggs are.

If that's supposed to be a recipe for scrambled eggs then you don't know what scrambled eggs are.

They're shit. Fucked up omelette at best.

Hob. Pan of boiling water. Boil three eggs for 8-10 minutes, then peel and scramble in a cup with a pinch of salt, small dod of butter, and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. Put on toast; eat; spontaneous orgasm.

Milk adds literally nothing to scrambled eggs. It doesn't even need the butter due to the richness of the yolks, but it at least adds a bit of flavour and is permissible. Having whisked three eggs separately and added to a low heat hob, stirring gently until only just starting to stick to the sides of the pan, there are three options:

Add only salt and black pepper, take off the heat while mixture is still raw, and finish off stirring in its residual heat. Apply to wholemeal toast and bacon.

Add small frozen peas, one chopped mild red chilli and black pepper, take off the heat while mixture is still raw, and finish off stirring in its residual heat. Apply to wholemeal toast and bacon. The peas give a pleasant 'popping' texture and burst of sweetness, which contrasts well with the delicate hum of chilli.

Add chives and decent cheddar to black pepper, take off the heat while mixture is still raw, and finish off stirring in its residual heat. Apply to wholemeal toast and bacon.

If you want a sandwich, poached or fried egg should replace scrambled.

Hob. Pan of boiling water. Boil three eggs for 8-10 minutes, then peel and scramble in a cup with a pinch of salt, small dod of butter, and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. Put on toast; eat; spontaneous orgasm.

≠ scrambled egg. This is the classic 'egg in a mug' dish, made unpleasant with the beastly addition of mayonnaise.

Utter nonsense. Whoever has made them for you in the past obviously doesn't know how to make them properly.

Why?

Scrambled eggs are shit. That is my opinion. Every hotel I have stayed in, every ship I have worked on, all my family who have cooked for me including my mother, whose cooking I still miss rest her soul, all versions shit. I have never tasted any scrambled egg which is an improvement on the powdered egg variety.

As Crocodile Dundee once told me, through the media of film, "you can live on it but it tastes like shit"

Why?

Scrambled eggs are shit. That is my opinion. Every hotel I have stayed in, every ship I have worked on, all my family who have cooked for me including my mother, whose cooking I still miss rest her soul, all versions shit. I have never tasted any scrambled egg which is an improvement on the powdered egg variety.

As Crocodile Dundee once told me, through the media of film, "you can live on it but it tastes like shit"

THat's ok. They're shit in your opinion. They are not a fucked up omelette though. If they are, they have not been cooked correctly. That's my point. ;)

THat's ok. They're shit in your opinion. They are not a fucked up omelette though. If they are, they have not been cooked correctly. That's my point. ;)

It was only a comparison. You will note I also said "at best". My opinion is that a fucked up omelette is far superior to any scrambled egg.

Archived