P&B decides the best way to scramble an egg

Best way to scramble an egg  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wooden spoon is okay but stirring constantly with a rubber spatula seems to yield the best results.

This. It stops any of the egg sticking to the bottom of the pan. No burnt bits, no overcooked bits and the pan is easy to clean after.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. It stops any of the egg sticking to the bottom of the pan. No burnt bits, no overcooked bits and the pan is easy to clean after.

Plastic spatula you say? I'm interested in this. Due to crap health I eat scrambled eggs at least three times a week. This wee tip could take hours off my washing up routine.

My mum uses water and no milk.

Rest assured she's been reported to Yewtree

You need to sterilize yourself just to be sure, much like how Goering's kids did. Your seed cannot be allowed to blossom

If you are using milk, best method I find is just one table spoon per egg. Salt and pepper. If you are microwaving it, don't bang it in for 5 minutes or whatever. 1 1/2 minutes at a time, taking our and stirring. Doing this twice usually does the trick if its just 2/3 eggs. On the hob be sure to keep on top of it, low heat constantly stirring. Both methods taste great for me and depending on how much time I have will determine the method of cooking. Sometimes like to put cooked bacon through it or some grated cheese if I'm no driving.

You would be as well to follow the following recipe. Scrambled eggs are, as others have said, a waste of good eggs. Improving shitty dried eggs by turning the to scrambled is all good though.

1 cup dried whole eggs

2 tablespoons dry milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cup water

Place all ingredinets into a 4 cup Pyrex glass measuring cup (or similar). Beat mixture for 3 minutes or until completely dissolved and frothy. (I use my immersion blender. And when I say beat I really do mean it. You are NOT mixing to combine. You are beating the eggs until they are all of the way dissloved and the are NO lumps. Then you are beating some more. By beating the egg mixture for a few minutes you are incorporating air into the eggs, this help the texture turn out right). Add 1 Tablespoon cooking oil to a large skillet. Over medium heat heat oil. Add the egg mixture to the hot oil. Cook eggs using medium low heat, stiring continuously until dry and crumbly.

Archived