Malta v Scotland

tartanspark

Last time i played FM consistently, i had McCormack and Fletcher tearing up chunks of South Africa getting to the semis, before a humiliating exit to Euro12 at the playoff hands of bloody Belarus. I'd never have got near these games, if i just protected my poor defence better in group games, and limped home in 3rd.....

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/08/2016 at 20:37, doulikefish said:

Contact them and get put on the wait list,there will be a few returns once some of  those selected for pick up discover that they "have to work/family bereavement" :whistle

YAAAAAAS! got a call from the supporters club this afternoon! 2 tickets for collection in Malta..... Happy days :)

YAAAAAAS! got a call from the supporters club this afternoon! 2 tickets for collection in Malta..... Happy days [emoji4]

Number were you on the list? Got a mate on this as well and he's not heard anything yet.

• 2 weeks later...

How about

Marshall

Hutton
Martin
Hanley
Robertson

Fletcher
McArthur
Morrison

Burke
Ritchie

Fletcher

That's assuming Griffiths and Snodgrass miss out. If they make it I'd have them starting ahead of Morrison and S. Fletcher.

Burke surely has to.  I'd be very surprised if he didn't.  

I wouldn't risk Snodgrass if he's not fully fit, given the trouble he's had with injury.  We shouldn't need him in Malta, but he'd be good to have on the bench should we Tbilisi it up.  Griffiths may be less of a risk, but wouldn't be surprised if it's "advised" he doesn't play.  Wouldn't be too upset at that, although if any match is going to be good to get him some confidence at international level, it's the one against the bottom seed.  

If Griffiths is fit enough to start and Snodgrass isn't, I'd start him up front with Fletcher behind, similar to the Denmark game.  Flank them with Burke and Ritchie.

Take it nobody's even bothered looking at Maltas results from their last campaign???

Italy 1-0 Malta
Malta 0-1 Italy
Croatia 2-0 Malta
Malta 0-1 Croatia
Bulgaria 1-1 Malta
Malta 0-1 Bulgaria

People treating them as if they're Gibraltar or San Marino...

14 minutes ago, forameus said:

Burke surely has to.  I'd be very surprised if he didn't.  

I wouldn't risk Snodgrass if he's not fully fit, given the trouble he's had with injury.  We shouldn't need him in Malta, but he'd be good to have on the bench should we Tbilisi it up.  Griffiths may be less of a risk, but wouldn't be surprised if it's "advised" he doesn't play.  Wouldn't be too upset at that, although if any match is going to be good to get him some confidence at international level, it's the one against the bottom seed.  

If Griffiths is fit enough to start and Snodgrass isn't, I'd start him up front with Fletcher behind, similar to the Denmark game.  Flank them with Burke and Ritchie.

Burke to play through the middle up front. Pace power and fearless and the boy can finish.  He has played there for forest this season.  At 19 that spot could be his for next decade.

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Take it nobody's even bothered looking at Maltas results from their last campaign???

Italy 1-0 Malta
Malta 0-1 Italy
Croatia 2-0 Malta
Malta 0-1 Croatia
Bulgaria 1-1 Malta
Malta 0-1 Bulgaria

People treating them as if they're Gibraltar or San Marino...

You're right that they're no Gibraltar, they've already lost to them..

Since that Italy game, they've won one game - ironically against Lithuania - and if you go back further you need to go to 2013 when they beat the Faroes 3-2.  As I said, they were beaten by Gibraltar in that time, and had absolute cuffings from the Czechs (twice), Bulgaria and Denmark.  

In competitive games, they're not the same level of diddy as Gibraltar and San Marino, that's correct, but we should still be beating them comfortably.  

You're right that they're no Gibraltar, they've already lost to them..

Since that Italy game, they've won one game - ironically against Lithuania - and if you go back further you need to go to 2013 when they beat the Faroes 3-2.  As I said, they were beaten by Gibraltar in that time, and had absolute cuffings from the Czechs (twice), Bulgaria and Denmark.  

In competitive games, they're not the same level of diddy as Gibraltar and San Marino, that's correct, but we should still be beating them comfortably.  

Aye like Italy, Croatia and Bulgaria did....

I think we should be winning. But it's not a walk in the park like some are making out.

Friendly results mean f**k all as well by the way.

Archived