Malta v Scotland

tartanspark

4 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

More frightening than the manager's decrying of his own players? Listen, Strachan didn't go finding this lad after trawling League 2, and getting him noticed....and it's worth pointing out that he as achieved nothing yet, despite a lucrative and well-documented move. That said, they (RBL) didn't go for a more established player, for whatever reason......its their money to spend how they like. This shouldn't change anything about how Strachan planned to prepare for the game, as he picked him based on playing for Forest. But he has a lot of previous in talking utter bollocks about such things, and giving reasons for inclusions/omissions. It's a perfectly valid concern. 

Why the f**k would Strachan be trawling League 2 to find players and try and get them noticed? It's just not his job. I never said that Burke had achieved anything, but folk like yourself have Strachan down for ruining the boys career before it's even started. Much like the Ryan Gauld discussion, can we not just wait and see how the boy plays before saying his career is down the pan or making wild assumptions that Strachan is somehow going to ruin his career, despite being his international manager who manages him about 3 times a year?

It's far from a valid concern, it's knicker wetting at it's finest.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Strachan saw Burke when he was scouting Tony Watt.

The fact this is even known is exactly the sort of shite i'm on about. 

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Why the f**k would Strachan be trawling League 2 to find players and try and get them noticed? It's just not his job. I never said that Burke had achieved anything, but folk like yourself have Strachan down for ruining the boys career before it's even started. Much like the Ryan Gauld discussion, can we not just wait and see how the boy plays before saying his career is down the pan or making wild assumptions that Strachan is somehow going to ruin his career, despite being his international manager who manages him about 3 times a year?

It's far from a valid concern, it's knicker wetting at it's finest.

Who's fuckin' joab is it then to scour players, if Strachan has little or no involvement with Sbragia or any age group? My example stretched things a bit, but people are talking about the possibility of him turning out for England.....he should have been known about before going watching Tony O'Watt, who seems to have a wardrobe full of South Ireland strips. 

Not one of those players would have started.

It will be:

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Hanley

Robertson

Morrison

Fletcher

Forrest

Snodgrass

Burke

Fletcher

If Snodgrass is out, Morrison will push forward and McGinn will come into midfield.

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Griffiths/Tierney/McDonald and McArthur ruled out

Tony Watt and Lee Wallace called up

f**k sake

Nothing mentioned regarding Injuries with regards to Griffiths and Tierney withdrawing. 

Another two septics put their club ahead of their country and they draft in lee wallace over shinnie.  My heads gone and those two c***s should never be invited to play for Scotland again.

They're both injured. Tierney took an injection to try and get through his. If you're being serious you're being a monumental fanny.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They're both injured. Tierney took an injection to try and get through his. If you're being serious you're being a monumental fanny.

They'll both be major doubts then for Sellick's crucial New Firm/CL double header then, i presume??

Geeza fucking rest. 

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Did you see that on Kerrydale St? 

Archived