Falkirk v Morton

We've attacked the opposite end from our supporters in the second half in all four games against Morton this season.

Is that something they usually do or pure coincidence? 

I wondered that as well, I imagine they thought attacking towards the South Stand would give us an advantage had we been chasing the game towards the end of the match!?

Of course, perhaps, given the way things panned out they might have squeezed in an equalizer themselves had they been kicking towards their own fans in the second half.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose but I imagine every single fan wants their team attacking towards them in the second half.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiawo was injured and doubtful before the match. When he went off we really missed his industry in midfield. Kerr was our only holding midfielder and that gave them the edge. Hippo was more like a full back than a striker/winger but he did his bit. If Watson has only trained for 30mins before this game he certainly put a shift in. Where did they get 25 mins injury time?

There was about 4 minutes injury time in the first half meaning the second half kicked off about 5 minutes later. There really wasn't that much injury time in the second half at all.

There was about 4 minutes injury time in the first half meaning the second half kicked off about 5 minutes later. There really wasn't that much injury time in the second half at all.

I used the countdown app on my phone and there was about 5 minutes injury time.

Agreed re McCracken, made a few errors today and went for a few balls that teammates had covered. Watson and Rogers were very solid though. Kerr was Motm for me

Agreed, also though away support was decent.

Thought Sibbald was poor today. Kerr was awesome.

No surpise to hear that in such an important game.

Excellent player.

Agreed, also though away support was decent.

Thought Sibbald was poor today. Kerr was awesome.

sibbald was bossing the game until tom came off. mark was pretty dece for the full 90 but having not played in yonks i thought it fair to give watson potm he was solid

I used the countdown app on my phone and there was about 5 minutes injury time.

I'm mistaken I see there was. There was 5 subs made that's two and a half minutes straight away. I remember a few people going down injured as well. So the injury time was probably merited. Probably felt a lot longer for you lot because second place was at stake. It didn't matter anyway.

I'm mistaken I see there was. There was 5 subs made that's two and a half minutes straight away. I remember a few people going down injured as well. So the injury time was probably merited. Probably felt a lot longer for you lot because second place was at stake. It didn't matter anyway.

Fair dos, certainly felt like about half an hour.

Thought mcmanus looked a good player although his finishing was poor which is probably why hes struggled to get a game at fleetwood.

For us kerr and watson were excellent and i thought lee miller was superb. Won everything in the air against gasparotto whose a decent centrehalf.

McManus was superb  last season for all the reasons he was impressive today. But today also summed up this particular season for him in profligacy in front of goal. Plenty of chances, nil pois.

Last season he was burying them from all angles. His strength and pace are lethal at this level, if we're lucky enough to keep him next season and he finds goals from the start we could be onto a winner.

Still. St Mirren

smug.png

That's either Lamie & Miller at full-back or worse, a back three with Miller in midfield. Either way we're going to get killed out wide.

Who was at RB for you today? He didn't look particularly great and Sibbald had the beating of him every time in the first half.

We did enough in the end, but that defensive display has me a little worried for the play-offs. McCracken is surely done after this season and him and Leahy seem to lack any cohesion; I counted at least 3 times when they both challenged for the same ball in the box. Glad to have Watson back and it was really pleasing to see how desperate he was to score. Rogers was solid today and for me his best moment in the game was wiping out three players to win the ball just outside his own box.

Going forward I thought we were decent first half and did everything but score. The only fault I would pick is that we were trying to be too neat at times and I think everyone was guilty of that. Baird must be off penalties after that miss. Perfect height for the keeper to save and his second miss in a row.

After the goal we seemed to fall back on ourselves and even the subs didn't seem to shake up our play. Perhaps it was nerves, because impact players like McHugh and Hippolyte were pretty ineffective. Morton grew into the game and had a few reasonable chances. McManus really should have hit the target after he's waltzed through our defence

A more nervy finish than I'd have liked, but we got the job done. An excellent 'finish' to the season and pleasing to see the majority of the fan stay behind at the end. A massive few games coming up.

P.S. Lee Miller was looking v v v dapper in Behind the Wall tonight 👌ðŸ»

We did enough in the end, but that defensive display has me a little worried for the play-offs. McCracken is surely done after this season and him and Leahy seem to lack any cohesion; I counted at least 3 times when they both challenged for the same ball in the box. Glad to have Watson back and it was really pleasing to see how desperate he was to score. Rogers was solid today and for me his best moment in the game was wiping out three players to win the ball just outside his own box.

Going forward I thought we were decent first half and did everything but score. The only fault I would pick is that we were trying to be too neat at times and I think everyone was guilty of that. Baird must be off penalties after that miss. Perfect height for the keeper to save and his second miss in a row.

After the goal we seemed to fall back on ourselves and even the subs didn't seem to shake up our play. Perhaps it was nerves, because impact players like McHugh and Hippolyte were pretty ineffective. Morton grew into the game and had a few reasonable chances. McManus really should have hit the target after he's waltzed through our defence

A more nervy finish than I'd have liked, but we got the job done. An excellent 'finish' to the season and pleasing to see the majority of the fan stay behind at the end. A massive few games coming up.

P.S. Lee Miller was looking v v v dapper in Behind the Wall tonight

Houston confirmed on Radio Scotland post match that Baird is indeed off penalties.

Baird needs dropped. Absolute passenger today. Been great 3/4ths of the season but looks tired and off form. McHugh needs a chance

His first half performance (Minus the penalty) was probably the best he's played in a while, he was everywhere.

Then second half he was nowhere to be seen at all. He's a funny player, id like to see McHugh get a chance too but he wasn't amazing when he came on either

Archived