Weekend Betting 29thApril - 31st April 16

Fitba Tips

another week another dollar going one way or the other. 

Last week's forced hiatus meant I missed out on backing Berwick and Brechin at good prices but hey ho, such is life.

This week I am focusing on the Premiership with a couple of bets that look too juicy to turn down.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/betting/146-scottish-football-tips-best-bets-30th-april-2016

What is everyone else on?

Not been getting as heavily involved on the football front dating back to the Easter weekend. The last month is not my favourite time of the season with teams with little to play for, players being left out and sides who need to win being accordingly shortened in the markets.

Obviously this can work in the favour if shrewd and a fine example was a lovely 15/1 double on Brechin and Stranraer 2 weeks back.

Indeed, if you look at the league results of the Champions of the 3 lower leagues since the titles were sealed only Dunfermline have won a match and that was a very late winner (Rangers 1 draw and 2 defeats, Dunfermline 1 win, 1 draw and 2 heavy losses, East Fife 1 loss) so that suggest missed opportunities especially when you factor in some of Peterhead’s results of late in games pretty meaningless to them.

Being the last weekend of the lower league season with play-offs starting on Wednesday and all issues pretty much sorted in the top flight, this is a particularly tricky Scottish card.

I think Stranraer are a very fair price at 5/6 at home to Cowdenbeath though and that is my main bet and strongest fancy without question. Our form and goal scoring record in 2016 has been excellent, especially at home and while Cowden are fighting for their lives, I do not see us slipping up. Would not put anyone off -1 at 23/10 either.

Surely Alan Johnson will play his strongest XI on Saturday. Its trophy presentation day and the majority of the main players have now re-signed with the notable exception being top flight bound, El-Bakhtoui who will be keen to sign off on a positive note and also get a goal to clinch top scorer winner on his own (fingers crossed as on at 8/1).

Peterhead on the other hand are in terrible form and have a big match versus Ayr on Wednesday. McAllister is  suspended and surely others will be rested if their available squad allows.

With all this in mind, I am taken to Dunfermline -1 at 15/8.

For accumulator material, Elgin stand out. East Fife should win handsomely with similar logic to the Dunfermline comments. You would also think Hibs and Falkirk would oblige on Sunday. And I have strong feeling for Dundee in Monday’s derby at a very fair price.  Clyde are in need of the points versus Stirling, Brechin at relegated Forfar albeit very short and Berwick are in great form and odds against at Montrose.

Added St Mirren Draw No Bet @ 5.6 with Marathon Bet to my bets.

Also having a small pop on Shnakland @ 11/1 and Mallan @ 20/1 to score first.

ON Staurday I have a rake of goals bets for the final day which can be goal fest.

League 1 last year saw all 5 games go over 3.5 goals and I am taking a chance on them all going over 2.5 goals this year.

Got a +2.5 treble at Hibs, St Mirren and Alloa from the Championship

A +2.5 double at Annan and East Fife from Lge 2

1. Airdrie (7/2 McBookie) need to win to have a chance of the playoffs. They are away to Ayr who will probably have an eye on the playoffs and may not be going full tilt.

2. Alloa (5/2 McBookie) have finally come alive this season and are unbeaten in 4, including a 1-0 win at home to Hibs. They host Dumbarton who are evens despite not having scored an away goal since mid-December, and the fact they played a midweek game too. I think the odds are the wrong way around.

3. Falkirk are another I backed at an astonishing 8/11 with Sky bet. They must have twigged their mistake as they're into 1/2 now, sorry folks.

Man U haven't lost at home in something like 11 games.I went in mid size on Middlesborough tonight. :lol::(

I had BTTS at halftime at 4/1. About the only bet that came in from payday betting spree.

75% stake doon so far...

Gone for Sanchez first Arsenal goal scorer at 3/1.

Free 10 in play. No idea what to go for there...

Stranraer, Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Hamilton - £4.50 for £85

BTTS & Win - EVERTON v Bournemouth, BRENTFORD v Fulham, SHEFF WED v Cardiff, MILLWALL v Oldham, ABERDEEN v Motherwell - 50p for £317.50

Added on:

Ayr -1, Bristol Rovers -1, Barnsley -1, Dunfermline -2 £5 for £250

Archived