Raith Rovers v Hibernian Hibernian v Raith Rovers

I've no fucking idea why he even played Fontaine tonight when he looked like he had forgotten how to football when we played Queens. Dropping Boyle and Keatings and generally changing from what seemed to be a decent set up was baffling.

Our use of subs is still horrible too. Stubbs will wait till we're losing then all the subs get chucked on in a mad scramble to try and rescue the situation.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fyvie's improved us since coming back in imo but we're going to need to change it up anyway so I'd be dropping him on Sat as well. Would have 10 of Doyler's 11 but replace Gray with Boyle and go to 4-3-3.

I think the problem tonight was we didn't need both Bartley and Fyvie. Fountaine should have been off at HT for Henderson imo.

We gifted far too many chances to Hibs. I'd say they're guaranteed a goal at ER. Hibs should be after blood on Saturday. They should be capable of beating us in regulation time.

Absolutely delighted with the result tonight. The game changed after the subs and won us the game, Hibs could have scored a few by then though.

Nobody is paying £2million for a scottish championship player. :lol:

If Hibs sell McGinn for £2m they'll be giving £660K of it to St.Mirren who have a 33% sell on clause on the player.

Thought Thomson had this best ever game for rovers tonight. His misses must of told him to play well !

Was surprised to see longridge on the bench but Ray clearly had a master plan ! Would maybe drop craigen for him and play the same team as Connelly and longridge are two players that can kill teams on the counter like we did at st mirren a few weeks ago.

Looking forward to the game

I did think the Ref was quite poor but he's not the reason we didn't win the game. The throw we never got when Dylan got booked is as clear a throw in as you'll ever see. Thought that linesman down that side was poor.

Clancy continued where he left off from our game on Sunday, giving fouls where there wasn't fouls and ignoring fouls when there were. The Bartley and Raith player booking was typical of him on Sunday, it wasn't a foul and how Bartley got booked on his wrong decision for giving the foul to Bartley, I'll never work that out.

Could have been costly if Hibs had someone who could take a free kick, can't say we do either tho

I think the problem tonight was we didn't need both Bartley and Fyvie. Fountaine should have been off at HT for Henderson imo.

Yep, out of the five real options for those three places Stubbs went for the most negative combination available. I was glad at the time to see a back five but that and a pretty defensively minded midfield is a bit overkill. We'll definitely conceded at least one so really have to go for it a bit more in the home leg.

First half we were poor and we're lucky to go in level, especially with Cummings miss again.

Second half a lot better and showed a lot more potency going forward.

Really glad to have that goal cushion going into Saturday as hibs did create a fair amount of chances and gave us a few heart in mouth moments.

Stubbs moaning is a farce, referee gave them more than us, eg callachans yellow card. Only thing I can see him having a point about is the pitch which is in really poor knick.

Yep, out of the five real options for those three places Stubbs went for the most negative combination available. I was glad at the time to see a back five but that and a pretty defensively minded midfield is a bit overkill. We'll definitely conceded at least one so really have to go for it a bit more in the home leg.

It was very frustrating see Henderson warming up for so long and getting subbed on so late. He looked right up for it even during his warm up. He was exactly what we were missing, someone to link midfield and forwards with some creativity.

I'd put him and Dylan in from the on Saturday.

Good result for the Bairns tonight, both teams will have to go flat out in the second leg which will surely take a toll on whoever we meet in the semi.

Also good to see Stubbs get another boot in the baw.

Good result for the Bairns tonight, both teams will have to go flat out in the second leg which will surely take a toll on whoever we meet in the semi.

Also good to see Stubbs get another boot in the baw.

The 2nd Falkirk fan on here within a week to have a dig at Alan Stubbs cancer.

The 2nd Falkirk fan on here within a week to have a dig at Alan Stubbs cancer.

That he recovered from about 15 years ago?

Hibs really are just a wee version of Celtic aren't they?

Archived