Raith Rovers v Hibernian Hibernian v Raith Rovers

A game we weren't ever really in, and yet somehow still managed to win. HIs peppered our goal in the first half and had we gone in 2-0 down none of us could have really complained too much. Cummings miss was glaring, Cuthbert is well, well off his line when he chooses to lob it; he has a massive amount of room to play with and still over hit it. He's an exceptional player at this level but i'm not sure I could have him in my team, he's too infuriating, Stubbs must pull his hair out over him.

Hardie got zero change out of the Hibs back line and was pretty isolated for the duration truth be told, barring the wee spell after we scored. I genuinely, hand on heart, didn't know Craigen was playing until about 40 minutes in. We've heard from various sources that the number 10 role is his best position but I don't think I've ever seen him have a good game there. He's usually very good on the left but was just anonymous last night. Connolly didn't really get into the game, swapping him for Longridge was the correct decision. I'd start Louis on Saturday, he's been excellent for a few months now. Really direct and a strong runner, he can cause Hibs a lot of problems on the counter. Harry Panayiotou is the definition of cult hero, i've got so much time for him.

Ray with big decisions to make on Saturday. Got to think that all of Cuthbert, Thomson, McKeown Benedictus, Barr, Davidson, Toshney, Callachan and Hardie will play, plus any two of Longridge, Connolly, Craigen and Panayiotou. Then you've got Stewart, Robertson and Anderson in the equation as well. 

Cummings lob/miss was flagged offside, it was never going to be a goal even if it went in the net.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree we miss Malonga but people seem to think about footballers like its FM and that the personal/family reasons that inform all of our career choices don't come into it.

We'd tried to punt him the window before at it fell through, he wanted away for family reasons. Don't think trying to keep him was a real option.

I think people are taking too much interest in Stubbs' interviews. People involved in the sport rarely come across particularly well in interview situations.

We all look at a car crash when we pass it, same rules apply with Stubbs

From what I've seen of him against us and this game, not really sure why we signed Craigen.

He's being played out of position.

I understand his best position is the Alston role.

A Raith fan care to clarify?

I agree we miss Malonga but people seem to think about footballers like its FM and that the personal/family reasons that inform all of our career choices don't come into it.

Yer offside count dropping since January?

He's being played out of position.

I understand his best position is the Alston role.

A Raith fan care to clarify?

His best position is the no. 10 role in behind the striker according to Partick fans, but I think he's only played 3/4 games there for us and we've played him on the left the majority of the season. I still can't see him fitting into Falkirk's team. Even more so, if you were to go up. 9 goals for him though which is a really good return from a midfielder.

His best position is the no. 10 role in behind the striker according to Partick fans, but I think he's only played 3/4 games there for us and we've played him on the left the majority of the season. I still can't see him fitting into Falkirk's team. Even more so, if you were to go up. 9 goals for him though which is a really good return from a midfielder.

I'd heard via Raith fans his best position is Right side.

We already have Sibbs and Hippo for the left

I'd heard via Raith fans his best position is Right side.

We already have Sibbs and Hippo for the left

I'm not sure he's ever actually played for us on the right.

Guest Back Post Misses

From what I've seen of him against us and this game, not really sure why we signed Craigen.

I remember loads saying the same about Lee Miller

Why ask, if you think you know better anyway..? We've very rarely played him on the right. As thats where Connolly and Anderson play.

I don't think I know better.

A few Rovers fans said so.

Don't shoot the messenger

Archived