League Cup 16/17 Draw

harry94

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are Dumbarton in the North section? Both East Stirling and Stenny are waaay further north than they are?

Dumbarton were seeded, so one of Dumbarton, Morton, St. Mirren & Rangers had to be moved to the North section. Came down to Dumbarton & Morton, Dumbarton are north of the Clyde while we're South of it.

How are Dumbarton in the North section? Both East Stirling and Stenny are waaay further north than they are?

Because they were a 2nd seed and either them or Morton would have had to go in the north group to balance it out.

Horrific draw for us.

If there is one positive, it is that Albion Rovers and Clyde are better non-seeds than we could have got - the likes of Ayr or Livingston would have been tougher... If we can win both those games, then we're putting ourselves in the position that a draw with either Morton or Kilmarnock could see us in the mix for one of the best runners-up slots. However that'd depend on 7pts or 8pts (i.e. penalty shoot-out bonus) being enough in our group and v others.

Great group for us; four utter diddies in there. There could still be a bit if a 'pre-season mentality' due to it being in July, but we already have a fairly settled squad which should protect against that.

post-43161-0-12382700-1464377832_thumb.j

Hope Stranraer play Motherwell at Fir Park - been there, but never seen us playing there!

I mind we played Stranraer down there in the Cup, I think it was 2003. My first away day as a daft 16 year old on the bus with a cargo. Ended up pished as a fart. I can only remember Dirk Lehman scoring.

Great times.

Dumbarton were seeded, so one of Dumbarton, Morton, St. Mirren & Rangers had to be moved to the North section. Came down to Dumbarton & Morton, Dumbarton are north of the Clyde while we're South of it.

I think Morton were given preference because they finished above Dumbarton

I mind we played Stranraer down there in the Cup, I think it was 2003. My first away day as a daft 16 year old on the bus with a cargo. Ended up pished as a fart. I can only remember Dirk Lehman scoring.

Great times.

Your photo will be supplied to the gate staff ;)

Posting a picture of your team winning the diddy cup isn't a particularly good way of trying to dispute the point when someone else calls you diddies.

The diddy cup that Partick fans did a hibs in over an equaliser only to get pumped on pens 😳😳😳😳😳

Eta it's the only competition Partick have any realistic chance of winning. Unlucky.

Archived