The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Read in the paper Sunderland and forest are showing an interest in McAllister - do we have him signed on a long term deal?

He signed his first full time contract last year I think, I would be surprised if it was any longer than two years.

I'd be very surprised if anyone of that ilk will make a move for him, even on a PCA. Clubs down south tend to have hundreds of players on their radar, they're probably merely tracking his progress.

Big clubs seem to be almost as willing to take a punt on emerging players like McAllister with little or no experience rather than old lags like Mallan who at 20 is looking positively ancient. That's the crazy world of modern football...............:wacko:

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 17:00, Stu said:

Our aim now should be to make it through the season without winning a game or getting our points tally into double figure. That would be epic.

The first record could have gone this time next week. If we don't beat Queens on Tuesday or Raith next week then we'll have gone 18 league games without a win. The club record is 17.

I salute the bravery of your predictions but it only took seven days for Saints to mess up both record attempts - typical! :P

1 hour ago, btb said:

I salute the bravery of your predictions but it only took seven days for Saints to mess up both record attempts - typical! :P

I salute the bravery of your predictions but

It was almost as successful as port-ton's thread.

1 hour ago, geo87 said:

Where did we sign him from and when?

I thought he had been with us for years

He was at Rangers before us. He left them, went back to boys' club football for a year then came to us. Not sure at what age.

EDIT: Going by this he was still with Rangers in 2012 https://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/. Combine that with his year out and the earliest he could have signed was 2013.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

He was at Rangers before us. He left them, went back to boys' club football for a year then came to us. Not sure at what age.

EDIT: Going by this he was still with Rangers in 2012 https://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/. Combine that with his year out and the earliest he could have signed was 2013.

More importantly, how good is he in FM? ^_^

16 hours ago, Stu said:

Rangers and Celtic were both interested but joined Rangers. Was released by them after suffering injuries and struggling to get back into their team. We signed him from Renfrew Vics I think. 

There was a bit in the papers the other week after his goal where he said something along the lines of it is easier and a boost to the confidence at Saints as there are less people and not as many other players ahead of you. 

2 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Rangers and Celtic were both interested but joined Rangers. Was released by them after suffering injuries and struggling to get back into their team. We signed him from Renfrew Vics I think. 

There was a bit in the papers the other week after his goal where he said something along the lines of it is easier and a boost to the confidence at Saints as there are less people and not as many other players ahead of you. 

Having just broke into the 1st team and pretty much cemented his position I can't see him wanting to leave to play for a bigger teams development squad. If he has any sense he'll look at the success of McGinn and McLean and realise he's better playing every week in the Championship and getting the experience.

I see the DR have Ross County interested in bringing in Jason Naismith in January.  How has he been in the Championship?  I thought he was a good player when he broke through.

Poor under Rae, although much of that was down to Rae's insistence that he doesn't cross the halfway line. Since Ross came in he's been much improved and can do what he does best. I think he is a decent enough defender, offers a lot going forward. He also no longer looks like he's blowing out his arse after 20 mins. He filled in at centre half at Falkirk and I thought he was impressive there too.

Would be a big loss for Saints.

I can see why County would want him.  He fits the profile of a strong full-back who wins his duels, but who likes to get forward and has a final ball.

County already have two good full-backs who kind of fit that description but who aren't terrific in the final third.  I have a hunch one of them might be leaving.

31 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I see the DR have Ross County interested in bringing in Jason Naismith in January.  How has he been in the Championship?  I thought he was a good player when he broke through.

A Premiership team tried to sign him last summer too, might have been County actually.

Looks like he is finally getting over his bad injury from last season. When he is on form he is quick, strong, powerful and lasted 90 mins each week before his injury. Also chips in with a couple of goals a season.

Wonder how much we'll be looking for. Can't see it being less than 100k because we'll be due a decent development fee.

Archived