The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Stuart Carswell. Does anyone here believe he's a decent player?

Carswell was a decent defensive midfielder for us despite what other saints fans will tell you.

Not the quickest but nonetheless a very decent player imo. 

Put it this way if it was a choice between Carswell and Kyle Hutton I would take Carswell. We made him an offer to stay but he opted for an Icelandic side.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Cheers, he'll be sat in front of our back 4 so sounds like what we need. Hopefully he'll do a job.

Have you guys signed him ? 

I've just seen it posted on the sons transfer thread. :lol:

Good signing for you guys.

Carswell is decent enough as a defensive mid, just don't expect him to do anything in the opposition half.

Sounds ideal then. We have Stanton to do the creative stuff.

I actually expected a far worse reaction from Buddies fans, akin to the dramatic Falkirk or Morton kind when you sign one of their ex players. I didn't realise St Mirren had actually tried to retain him but he chose to bugger off to Iceland.

Sounds like he will do a job for us.

46 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Sounds ideal then. We have Stanton to do the creative stuff.

I actually expected a far worse reaction from Buddies fans, akin to the dramatic Falkirk or Morton kind when you sign one of their ex players. I didn't realise St Mirren had actually tried to retain him but he chose to bugger off to Iceland.

Sounds like he will do a job for us.

I don't think we did try to keep Carswell, which is surprising as Alex Rae would surely have appreciated his staunchness.

Wasn't a great loss. Likes to point a lot. Nowhere near as good as Rocco Quinn, or young Kyle Magennis who has come into our midfield this season. Better than Kyle Hutton - but who isn't?

I don't think we did try to keep Carswell, which is surprising as Alex Rae would surely have appreciated his staunchness.
Wasn't a great loss. Likes to point a lot. Nowhere near as good as Rocco Quinn, or young Kyle Magennis who has come into our midfield this season. Better than Kyle Hutton - but who isn't?

Someone said a page or so back that he was offered a contract but chose to head to Iceland?

I just went by that.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Someone said a page or so back that he was offered a contract but chose to head to Iceland?

I just went by that.

He had the option of another years contract, Rae wanted him to stay but the player chose to leave.

Motherwell fans rated the guy which got our hopes up.

It's hard to judge individuals when the club as a whole has been in a rut and these guys are signed to change that. He was pretty meh and not in the way you don't notice the good work he does.

Every team is different though and players can be poor at one club and excel at another, wouldn't surprise me if he does a decent job for Dumbarton especially if they have other guys who will be the creative spark.

Everyone seeming to be a bit busier than us early in the transfer window.  Sons and Queens some of our nearest and dearest in the table Rankin will end up doing a good job a t Queens,  And Carswell will probably do the inevitable and score against us since he's ex player

At one point we released 9 players at the end of the season. Carswell was one of those players.

We had the option to extend his contract, but chose not to.

Stuart Carswell brings the tally up to six, with the former Motherwell midfielder failing to make the desired impact since arriving last summer. Carswell hasn’t had his injury problems to seek in recent months, and failed to nail down a starting slot following Rae’s arrival in December.

Motherwell fans rated the guy which got our hopes up.

It's hard to judge individuals when the club as a whole has been in a rut and these guys are signed to change that. He was pretty meh and not in the way you don't notice the good work he does.

Every team is different though and players can be poor at one club and excel at another, wouldn't surprise me if he does a decent job for Dumbarton especially if they have other guys who will be the creative spark.

^^^ kens the script

Archived