The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we can get rid of Hutton permanently, and with Walsh and hardie likely to go back, hopefully space for 3 players should be enough to give us any hope of getting out of this mess.

Not getting carried away with last night, but Magennis and Mcallister are getting better with every game, it can't be easy for them coming into a team completely devoid of any confidence.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Essentially, yes, but the timing is odd. You know you're a shit player when you're a midfielder in a team with no midfield to speak of and they still let you go with more than a month to go before any chance of finding a replacement :lol:

Ballsy move by Jack Ross, putting faith in his young midfielders. Glad to see the back of him he was one of the most woeful footballers I've seen in the flesh, lacked basic footballing skills like controlling a ball with 1 touch and passing without looking at the ball.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

AKA the Heart of Midlothian 2013/14 approach.

We've played much better going forward since he started playing all the young guys in midfield, creating plenty of chances just struggling to get the ball in the net but hopefully scoring 5 last night will open the floodgates.

Doubt we'll see Hutton again. I know he's got 18 months on his contract, but if you'r being shipped out when the team has only 1 fit central midfielder with more than a dozen starts then it doesn't bode well.

He's been really poor though, possibly the slowest player I've seen. I don't just mean running, so slow at releasing the ball. When he finally does release it, it often doesn't find a St. Mirren man.

Not that he should be singled out. There are several players who would have no complaints at being shown the door.

I reckon Callum Gallagher will be told to leave in January as he can't get a game ahead of a string of youngsters.

Hardie Walsh Hutton Gallagher all ex Sevco duds signed by the wee baldy ex Sevco fud Rae. Useless to a man,glad to see Jack Ross preparing to get shot of them.

Some are suggesting that with Hutton punted it leaves us with little cover in centre midfield.  I'd rather see one of the young kids currently in the team continue as Hutton is a truly dreadful footballer.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

I reckon Callum Gallagher will be told to leave in January as he can't get a game ahead of a string of youngsters.

Hardie Walsh Hutton Gallagher all ex Sevco duds signed by the wee baldy ex Sevco fud Rae. Useless to a man,glad to see Jack Ross preparing to get shot of them.

Some are suggesting that with Hutton punted it leaves us with little cover in centre midfield.  I'd rather see one of the young kids currently in the team continue as Hutton is a truly dreadful footballer.

Yeah I agree on Gallagher. When it came to the crunch against Dunfermline Ross opted to fling McLear on rather than go for Gallagher, which made me think his time may be up. I think there's a decent player in there, he did very well in the second half of last season, but he can be so infuriating. At times he'll show a great touch or flick, then he'll do the really simple stuff really badly.

If we can get rid of Walsh, Hutton and Gallagher and replace them with two young boys (Magennis and McAllister) that won't be on much, as well as sending Hardie back, then that should be a fair chunk of cash freed up to spend elsewhere. I had wondered if Shankland would be getting sent back but I think last night might have put paid to that. Wouldn't be surprised if he or Clarkson is gone by the end of January though.

On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 12:46, Smeato said:

We probably wouldn't have been relegated, but it would have been another 1-2 seasons of turgid inconsistent football constantly trying to scrape into 10th despite other teams of similar size consistently finishing in the top 6. We can look back on them as good days compared to now, but I doubt he would have lasted much longer anyway.

Kilmarnock have been doing it for years and they still seem to scrape staying up.

It's probably why there crowds are down to almost Ayr levels of shiteness.

Murray signed Gallagher. I think you're right about him though, I'd be surprised if he's here much longer.

18 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Murray signed Gallagher. I think you're right about him though, I'd be surprised if he's here much longer.

Can't say I agree with y'all when it comes to young Callum Gallagher.  That said the other ex Sevco duds have been just that...duds.  Walsh will be a player when he grows up though.  

Can't say I agree with y'all when it comes to young Callum Gallagher.  That said the other ex Sevco duds have been just that...duds.  Walsh will be a player when he grows up though.  

I think Gallagher has been a bit unlucky, as he has had a couple of injuries this season, but it says something if he can't get back into this team.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

I think Gallagher has been a bit unlucky, as he has had a couple of injuries this season, but it says something if he can't get back into this team.

Morgan and McAllister are ahead of him now. Also O'Keefe and Flanagan have been playing regularly for the U20s and IMO are better players.

Our aim now should be to make it through the season without winning a game or getting our points tally into double figure. That would be epic.

The first record could have gone this time next week. If we don't beat Queens on Tuesday or Raith next week then we'll have gone 18 league games without a win. The club record is 17.

28 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Said it before and will say it again. You will stay up, Dumbarton will finish bottom and you'll win the play offs

Really am not sure Dumbarton picking up points unlike the other 2

Archived