Stirling Albion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

So hes come to warm our bench and play for Hearts u20s, dont see the point myself but good luck to the lad

I can see the point in it but it can get a bit shambolic. Last season Josh Skelly couldn't play for us in a league game because he'd played for Dundee 20s less than 48 hours before our game.

17 minutes ago, BinosCammy said:

Really like Eddie as a player has had a couple of really good games for us, like his style of play, was on the bench yesterday for what ever reason but should be a starter imo

Fearns has been one of our better players so far and I too was a bit surprised to see him on the bench yesterday and agree with you he should have started. Just hope he hasn't fallen out with McLaren or was it some sort of tactical switch which only McLaren could dream up ?

Fearns has been one of our better players so far and I too was a bit surprised to see him on the bench yesterday and agree with you he should have started. Just hope he hasn't fallen out with McLaren or was it some sort of tactical switch which only McLaren could dream up ?

Well i'm sure Mclaren was thinking of something when he played Jack McCue at left midfield when he is a central player

Really like Eddie as a player has had a couple of really good games for us, like his style of play, was on the bench yesterday for what ever reason but should be a starter imo

Glad to hear it, there is a player in there he just has to cut out being caught offside very often, bags and bags of pace

Hows eddie ferns doing for you guys??

As has already been said, Ferns has impressed since coming in. I'll be honest with you, when he was signed I wasn't sure what to expect and the reviews from various Alloa fans wasn't good, but he'll be an important player for us this season and looks dangerous every time he is running with the ball. With him and McKenzie with pace to burn, Moses coming off off the bench with pace, the 3 of them will be key to any success that we may have.

Fearns had a knock on his thigh and was on the bench as a precaution so I'm hearing

That would explain it then Carilly.

4 hours ago, BinosCammy said:

Well i'm sure Mclaren was thinking of something when he played Jack McCue at left midfield when he is a central player

If he can only play in the one pigeon hole you've allocated for him, he's not going to have much of a future in the game. I think he's better and more versatile than that.

But hey ho any stick with which to beat the manager.

10 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Weve signed Isaac Layne on loan from the tinks

He's great on Football Manager, so on that basis alone, I'm delighted. If he turns out to be cack, there will an official complaint going into SI.