Stirling Albion Thread

As posted on the cup thread...

Tremendous win for the Beanos today, wee Nathan Flanagan looks a player. Impressed with Omar in midfield too until he tired late on. Marc Laird solid in defensive midfield. Full backs a concern, I think McNiff is better suited in the middle, and Adam Cummins had a torrid debut before being hooked. Hope we also sign another striker, as Dylan Mackin is pretty hopeless as a lone striker up top, zero mobility. 

All in all a good day, 3 points more than I was expecting out of this group already. Nice one. 

11 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Harry Milne was Cove's best player today, I thought, along with Fyvie of course. 

They both played well. Fyvie had two cracking goals.

Flanagan stood out for Stirling and gave Morgyn Neill a torrid time. Turned him completely inside out for both his goals.

Shocked we had 68% possession and more chances. Binos looked good going forward and should be a threat in L2 this season. 

I'd start Bikey ahead of Mackin.

Good win for the Binos and deserved

Edited by CoveRangers1922

17 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

As posted on the cup thread...

Tremendous win for the Beanos today, wee Nathan Flanagan looks a player. Impressed with Omar in midfield too until he tired late on. Marc Laird solid in defensive midfield. Full backs a concern, I think McNiff is better suited in the middle, and Adam Cummins had a torrid debut before being hooked. Hope we also sign another striker, as Dylan Mackin is pretty hopeless as a lone striker up top, zero mobility. 

All in all a good day, 3 points more than I was expecting out of this group already. Nice one. 

We do have another striker.We signed Dale Carrick who was Airdries top goalscorer last season.Other players missing for us yesterday were ,captain  Ross McGeachie ,Kurtis Robert's and ex Alloa midfielder Ray Grant.

59 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

From what I saw of Kelty on Friday night, they should walk this league. I reckon we have to be in the mix for a playoff spot though. 

We will certainly be up there but I'd expect you and at least one other from Edin, Stenny and Forfar to be up there.  Great result for you guys!

7 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

We do have another striker.We signed Dale Carrick who was Airdries top goalscorer last season.

Aye I know, but we also lost Andy Ryan to Hamilton after this. Club are looking to bring one in on loan once the group stages of the LC are finished, I believe. 

8 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

From what I saw of Kelty on Friday night, they should walk this league. I reckon we have to be in the mix for a playoff spot though. 

That’s a bit of a downbeat statement looking at your squad .

Scared of Dougie Hill 😂

2 minutes ago, BazMac said:

Do we really need one? Carrick, Mackin, Heaver, Bikey. Seems enough for a team playing 1 up front. I thought when we had Ryan that we were too heavy with strikers.

Bikey is more of a winger, Heaver is hopeless, and Mackin looks more unfit than usual. Carrick an unknown quality (for us anyway), but hopefully he'll be the main man. 

We don’t necessarily need another striker if certain players are given a chance and stay fit. Carrick performed well in division above, had plenty of chances in the recent friendly and on another day would have bagged a couple. Heaver hopeless 😂Was brilliant before suddenly finding himself out the fold and behind the largely ineffective strikers last season. Surprised he stayed as he’s far too good to be sitting on the bench. Bikey needs to stay fit as well. Good to have options for wing and up top. 

1 hour ago, dave_binos said:

We don’t necessarily need another striker if certain players are given a chance and stay fit. Carrick performed well in division above, had plenty of chances in the recent friendly and on another day would have bagged a couple. Heaver hopeless 😂Was brilliant before suddenly finding himself out the fold and behind the largely ineffective strikers last season. Surprised he stayed as he’s far too good to be sitting on the bench. Bikey needs to stay fit as well. Good to have options for wing and up top. 

You will find Carrick will have to play in a,front 2 or as a no 10, he will get goals , most of which come from him drifting in from the left,     Good all round team player..

8 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Decent, but you guys should beat us comfortably. 

We’re making hard work of Peterhead here. 63 shots on goal in the first half and 0 goals.

On 11/07/2021 at 19:50, StewartyMac said:

Bikey is more of a winger, Heaver is hopeless, and Mackin looks more unfit than usual. Carrick an unknown quality (for us anyway), but hopefully he'll be the main man. 

Mackin has all the mobility of a pregnant rhinoceros. 

A decent option off the bench if you are a goal down and want to try and snatch something from a set piece or something but never a starter, a modern day Paul Roberts (showing my age here)