Stirling Albion Thread

23 hours ago, headthebaw said:

One win in the last seven league games and we are clinging on to our play-off position. If KR doesn't sort this out quickly the teams around us will pull away and we won't make it again this season. There's still a lot of games to play but our form is worrying. Yes, players aren't performing as well as they have but some of them that looked like positive signings are failing to impress. Let's hope the manager has some solutions.

Unfortunately, he hasn't had a great record of finding ways to turn things around, either when a game starts to run away (for example after half-time yesterday) or over the course of a season.

On the performance yesterday cant see us getting anything at Forfar next Saturday. That leaves 2 home games before the New Year for KR to turn things around and keep us in the mix. Fail to get anything from these games and he should be gone. How can the Board stand by him if he fails to deliver in these games. He had enough time to get things right and it seems to be falling apart on the park. 

Guest mr_malcolm
On the performance yesterday cant see us getting anything at Forfar next Saturday. That leaves 2 home games before the New Year for KR to turn things around and keep us in the mix. Fail to get anything from these games and he should be gone. How can the Board stand by him if he fails to deliver in these games. He had enough time to get things right and it seems to be falling apart on the park. 

We’re no that good .

I would expect the play off teams to be Stirling, Forfar and Annan but the strange thing with this league is the play off teams could quite easily end up being Albion Rovers, Cowden and Stranraer!

City for example had a fine win against Annan at Galabank two months ago. On Friday City were at home and Annan's keeper made his first save only in the 89th minute.

Kelty seem to be the only consistent team 

The nosedive in form the last month or so is extremely alarming, players who looked on fire earlier in the season like Leitch and Flanagan are totally anonymous, although not the only culprits. 

The decision to bring off Sean Heaver on Saturday was frankly unbelievable, the only player who looked remotely like doing something. 

Genuinely fear for this team going to Ibrox in the Scottish Cup, could genuinely see double figures being racked up by the ****.

21 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

The nosedive in form the last month or so is extremely alarming, players who looked on fire earlier in the season like Leitch and Flanagan are totally anonymous, although not the only culprits. 

The decision to bring off Sean Heaver on Saturday was frankly unbelievable, the only player who looked remotely like doing something. 

Genuinely fear for this team going to Ibrox in the Scottish Cup, could genuinely see double figures being racked up by the ****.

I don't know about being on fire earlier, we were winning games without being convincing and second top of the league was more a comment on the other teams than on our own performances. 

Guest mr_malcolm
I would expect the play off teams to be Stirling, Forfar and Annan but the strange thing with this league is the play off teams could quite easily end up being Albion Rovers, Cowden and Stranraer!
City for example had a fine win against Annan at Galabank two months ago. On Friday City were at home and Annan's keeper made his first save only in the 89th minute.
Kelty seem to be the only consistent team 

I’d say we have been pretty consistent. Draws in games in the first quarter that we should have won have really goosed us for mounting a challenge to kelty .

9 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

I don't know about being on fire earlier, we were winning games without being convincing and second top of the league was more a comment on the other teams than on our own performances. 

Is that not always the case. All fans want their team to thrash the opposition. Reality is somewhat different.  Reminds me of the line re. 

Two friends were hiking in the woods

Good luck to Rutkiewicz - always came across very well and you could see he cared possibly he cared too much. It’s a tough old league especially for those teams in between the big spenders and the relegation playoff. In general decent nice guys don’t tend to win anything.

Although I’m happy with the decision, I do wish him all the very best and I’m actually tinged with a bit of sadness because when he first came in, I wholeheartedly bought into his enthusiasm, charm and charisma and desperately wanted him to succeed. As it transpired, I found his football dull and unadventurous and probably would have pulled the plug before now as ultimately he was well backed by a loyal board, had built a good squad after being left a shambles by Dave Mackay but failed to move us forward, despite what he said in his statement.

The statement itself is quite frankly self publicity and egotistical in my view but as I said above, I really like KR as a guy and he was been brilliant every time I have had the pleasure to speak to him.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens next, but I do strongly believe that with the right man in charge, as little as 1 or 2 additions, we have a squad that is good enough to end the season promoted via the Play Offs.

24 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Heard he’s going to Morton.

That,s what  I heard as well if true good luck to him. Just hope our Board can get the right man in to replace him, somebody with experience please NO more rookie managers. 

Who next?

Personally, I don’t care about names, I just want someone in who plays attacking football and can utilise skillful players like Leitch, Flannigan, Bikey, Heaver and co to get some excitement back to Stirling Albion’s play and a Saturday afternoon again. Get bums off seats, at the same time getting bums on seats!!

16 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Personally, I don’t care about names, I just want someone in who plays attacking football and can utilise skillful players like Leitch, Flannigan, Bikey, Heaver and co to get some excitement back to Stirling Albion’s play and a Saturday afternoon again. Get bums off seats, at the same time getting bums on seats!!

Ray McKinnon in next.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Not that I'm advocating anyone tapping up Andy Graham and appointing him as manager - but it's inevitably going to happen at some point and it's 100% what Stirling should do right now.

Andy is a Binos legend but great players don't always make good managers