Worst job you have ever had?

I've had loads of jobs, shite and good. Unlike picnic days on Thobbers travellers. I've been about.

Still worst has to be back in Scotland. I'm sure I mentioned before.

Jack my well paid job in, world was getting crazy and I stood in a bookies for 4 weeks betting on dogs. Finally got to my last... Was never signing at the time, but took a chance on a local paper of get rich quick.

Kirby vacuum cleaner sales man. I went f**k it. Nothing to lose.

Turn up at the day interview, back of a little industrial estate workshop. 10 folk. I was the only person who could string a sentence together. Got a job....

Job was if you don't know already, was get 1 person in their house, give a show, buy or give 10 names to contact.

I started off...

No sales, then boom. Jackpot I found a sting of people wanting to buy.

Signed and sealed. Delivery next day everything smoothly.

Went to the office in Saturday, well pay you on Friday. Ok, but not really work like f**k.

Next week same, few sales. Friday came no money. Went home to think of my plan.

Returned to the office at 08:00 Saturday. It was the day Scotland played England in the play off.

Boss or so called boss was sitting at the office desk. I said I quit, you give me all the money you own to me now or in the next hour in cash. 2 minutes later I was hit on the head by a baseball bat and to guy kicking shite out if me.

Finally got let go, really let go. I drove straight to the local police station and told them, all they said was we know about this. I said, what you going to do? Not much today, was the answer.

Ok. I'll deal with then.

Wednesday, was recruiting day, I knew they were there in the morning. I turn, not on my own.. Didn't even ask for the money, just fucked them up. And guy how hit me with a baseball bat. We cut the cuts thumb off. No more swinging from him.

Police never got involved, but a few years later, they did thank me.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst was working in KFC which was my first job. Made some lifelong friends from it but it was murder for the most part and embarrassing a good lot of the time as well. Ever tried to chase down an empty bucket of chicken as the wind blows it about a car park dressed in an outfit that resembles a thunderbird character whilst furiously snapping at it with a plastic litter picker?

I've had loads of jobs, shite and good. Unlike picnic days on Thobbers travellers. I've been about.

Jack my well paid job in, world was getting crazy and I stood in a bookies for 4 weeks betting on dogs. Finally got to my last... Was never signing at the time, but took a chance on a local paper of get rich quick.

Turn up at the day interview, back of a little industrial estate workshop. 10 folk. I was the only person who could string a sentence together. Got a job....

Job was if you don't know already, was get 1 person in their house, give a show, buy or give 10 names to contact.

I started off...

Went to the office in Saturday, well pay you on Friday. Ok, but not really work like f**k.

Returned to the office at 08:00 Saturday. It was the day Scotland played England in the play off.

Boss or so called boss was sitting at the office desk. I said I quit, you give me all the money you own to me now or in the next hour in cash. 2 minutes later I was hit on the head by a baseball bat and to guy kicking shite out if me.

Finally got let go, really let go. I drove straight to the local police station and told them, all they said was we know about this. I said, what you going to do? Not much today, was the answer.

Ok. I'll deal with then.

Wednesday, was recruiting day, I knew they were there in the morning. I turn, not on my own.. Didn't even ask for the money, just fucked them up. And guy how hit me with a baseball bat. We cut the cuts thumb off. No more swinging from him.

Am I being whooshed or is this just breaking the glass of my didny-happen-meter?

Mentioned this before, I'm sure, but store detective work is miserable. Slowly pacing about pretending to be shopping all day is chronic, and my feet hurt more than in any active, busy job. The only moderately entertaining thing was listening to the store detective at Mothercare freak out over the radio every time someone looking remotely neddy walked past the store.

I started off...

Ok. I'll deal with then.

Two thumbs up 

SlipperyP's the fucking Terminator. Naebdy say anything nasty or we're all getting it   :o

Not true Dave, I got lot's of love, if someone does bad things to me or my family,  I don't lie down, depending what they did to me or my family, they will get back.  

I started off...

Ok. I'll deal with then.

post-30567-1462796321969_thumb.jpg

Did you get your money in the end up?

What do you think? He wrote me personal cheque? I think our business was done. Shite day all round, as me and the boys who were there drove to Falkand (Fife) to watch the game. Few pints....

What do you think? He wrote me personal cheque? I think our business was done. Shite day all round, as me and the boys who were there drove to Falkand (Fife) to watch the game. Few pints....

U might have robbed him for all i know

Went door to door for a Newsagents selling the Saturday Evening Times (the one which gave half time scores). You got 5p back for every 20p paper sold, but you had to flog the lot to earn the £2 maximum.

Three Saturdays and I gave it up.

Woolworths, however, when I was a student, was magic.

I once temped at the British Council in London. Strange place that obviously had some kind of policy to actively employ handicapped and disabled people - about 25% of the staff had some kind of disability (Thalidomide victims, people in wheelchairs etc). Anyway, I was put in this room and told to put invoices and receipts into numerical order then put them into a binder, add glue and covers then file them on big shelves. The other guy in the room was matching the receipts to the invoices then passing them to me. He looked like Opie -

attachicon.gifopie.png

Spitting image. He couldn't talk, just gesticulated a bit and made noises like "nnngrhhhh oo oo urggggh" at random times. I got used to it and used to nod, smile and make non-committal replies.

After three days the Agency told me the British Council didn't want me back. When I asked why they said I had totally ignored my supervisor and hadn't done a thing I was told!

This made me laugh out loud whilst I was invigilating an exam this morning :lol:

Archived